Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Back on the trainer again

I got back on the Computrainer for the first time since May this morning. I'm a little out of practice with having everything set up right, but thankfully, my fabulous husband set it up in the trainer while I worked late last night. I just had to turn on the computer, load up the program, put on some rockin' tunes and get on the bike. It wasn't too bad, but the time passed by soooooo slowly. I did get a 2nd wind when Queen's "Bicycle" came on with 5 minutes to go. It was nice to get the day's workout completed and still make it to work before 8 AM, because it allows me to be more "flexible" with my work. I'd rather be outside any day though. Stupid weather and dwindling daylight!

On a positive note, my poison ivy is healing nicely. It barely itches now. I think identifying it finally made it say "OK, you now know what I am. Good! Now, I can let you heal. Spiders indeed!"

Finally, I got the results of my cholesterol test and it continues to be high. I'm up to 234 (from 226 in March). The lady told me I needed to eat better and exercise more. I laughed at the latter comment. Now, I'm not the best eater in the world, but I am healthier than most of America. I think I'm headed to a dietician next to try to get this under control naturally. I know it is inherited from my mother, but it just seems weird that someone who works out as much as I do can have high cholesterol. At least my good cholesterol was very high (optimal even). As I'm about to turn 35, I realize I can't continue to ignore this as I have since the first time my results were over 200 at age 29 and end up kicking the bucket early from heart disease. I'm not ready for medicine. Let's see what an improved diet can do.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great--now I can't get that song out of my head!

Glad the ivy is clearing up!

~Sam

3:49 PM

 
Blogger Jodi said...

Hi Jen,

We should talk about diet and cholesterol. Mine was 230 with an LDL of 160. With diet I got my LDL under 100. It wasn't the diet you would think. I actually decreased my CARBS and the cholesterol disappeared. I think that there are a lot of misconceptions about cholesterol. I ate more protein in that year than ever. We can chat about it at th picnic

:)

Jodi

12:50 AM

 
Blogger Papa Louie said...

Glad to hear the ivy is clearing up. Now we hope you can get your cholestrol under control. Mine was around 180 last year and this year it was 167. I think my secret weapons were more cinnamon, garlic, and vinegar. Oh, I stop eating partially hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, and just about all other processed foods.

8:44 AM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Hey! Jealous you HAVE a computrainer....at least you have something bike-related to look at! :) I'm hoping to ride before the picnic with ya--not sure but I'm gonna try!

My mom managed to bring her cholesterol WAY down by diet changes and exercise. You've got the exercise down, no doubt! ha ha My mom wanted to avoid medicine and said, "Let me try it myself." It worked, so I can tell you some stuff she did if you want!

9:07 AM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

Let us know any tips your dietician tells you! I haven't ever got mine measured but I know David's is really high, runs in his family too.

9:12 AM

 
Blogger qcmier said...

Sigh on the trainer already????

1:49 AM

 
Blogger Josh said...

Just found your blog and had fun reading (well, except the poison ivy, that is!). I'll be at Placid for my first IM also. Quick question - I tried putting that countdown clock on my blog, and can get the image, but not the timer itself. Is there any secret to making it work?

12:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home