Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Four days to go - hope I know what I'm doing

I am done with work until after Ironman - woo hoo! It has been a tough 6 days with lots of deadlines, but I left with a clear conscience.

To thank my co-workers for being so supportive the last nine months, I organized a contest to be administered by our "Minister of Fun" in my absence. Participants of the contest guess my finish time (Price is Right rules) down to the second. The winner gets a souvenir that I bring back from LP. The catch was I didn't want to know what the guesses were and for the most part, I escaped that. I don't need that kind of pressure!

I went for my first run sans iPod or friends today. It was a quick 30-minute easy run in the rain. I got lost in my thoughts and actually enjoyed the run for a change. No HR monitor either - just me and perceived effort.

I thought about my first triathlon. I remember being so proud that I only walked three times during the 5k. That was only 5 years ago. I also thought about my two stand-alone marathons. I can't say I really enjoyed either of them. Matt tells me that the IM marathon is a completely different animal. I hope so. I think I'm trained well enough to not only complete the IM, but also run most of the IM marathon. Keeping my fingers crossed.

It will help that I get to see fellow blogger Courtney (SkiRough on my links section) for the first time ever at mile 6 of the run. That will rock!

I am also looking forward to seeing my in-laws, TriEric and his wife and Sam and her husband out on the course! Further, there are a ton of CTC members participating this year at LP, so it will be great to see them on the course. Finally, can't forget the LP camp participants. I probably won't be lonely for long.

Before I sign out for the week, I wanted to extend a thank you to the friends and family who have supported me throughout this craziness, especially my training partners (Sam J, Jodi, ESpeed, Stacy, Sam B, Carie, Debbie, Amy, Martha, JT, Janet, Sara, Suzi, Angie...) . Special thanks go to my LP training partner, Paula, who will be there with me on race day (I'll be chasing you down buddy, so keep moving), my wonderful coach, Angela, who got me to the starting line and of course, my husband for supporting me at all times.

The next time I post, I should be an Ironman!! Good times!

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear all about it when you get home! Know that Jack, Shadow and I will be cheering you both on from the Willoughby sidelines!!!

9:30 PM

 
Blogger Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Best of luck, Jen! I hope that you enjoy every moment and can keep all those memories fresh and alive...so you can share them with us when you're done!!

I'll be watching after you and the other bloggers out there on ironmanlive this weekend. Be safe and SMILE!!

10:50 PM

 
Blogger Deirdre said...

Jen - have fun (I know you will) and soak it in on your way to becoming an Ironman!!

Matt is so right about the IM marathon -- I don't know why, but it was much easier than a standalone marathon. Akron marathon was only 3 seconds faster than LP marathon -- and I felt a whole lot better after Lake Placid :-) Who would have thought it possible!

We'll be cheering you from afar!

6:49 AM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

You are SO ready for this.

Good luck and have FUN!!!

I agree, the IM marathon was way easier than my stand alone marathons. I had so much fun during it, and the fun at my stand alone marathons was AFTER I finished.

Soak it all in--the day will go so fast and before you know it you'll hear Mike Reilly!

:)

9:46 AM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

Good Luck Jen! I am so excited for you! You are more ready for this than anyone I have known to train for one of these yet. And that says a lot!

11:02 AM

 
Blogger Papa Louie said...

It's all in the bank and ready for you to cash in on some fun and excitement of becoming and Ironman!

11:14 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

So many have already said what needs to be said...but I'll throw in my .02 as well. You're more than ready for this. You'll rock it! I'm going to tag you with something so when you get back holler at me! I'll be watching you online!

11:24 AM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Jen, wishing you all the best this weekend. I know you will be fantastic.

Thanks but I feel like I should be thanking you for all the motivation, wonderful advice a support you have given since I joined the club last year!!

You go get them girl...you are iron!!!

6:45 PM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

Have a great race.

10:24 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Good luck Jen! I'll be cheering and I can't wait to hear how it goes. You're ready and you'll have a great time!

6:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go get Girl!!! So proud of you!

12:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck, but you don't need it; have a blast!

7:56 PM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

Congratulations Ironman!
I have some questions for you.

10:58 PM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

JUST WATCHED YOU CROSS THE LINE!!!

:)

Congrats, Ironman! I knew you could do it!!!!

11:02 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

GO YOU!!! You're IRON Jen now :-)

Congrats to both of you. I hope you had a great day and can't wait to hear all about it!

2:18 AM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Congratulations Iron Jen!!!

8:21 AM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

Jen I am so proud of you! I hope you enjoyed the day to the fullest! Congrats Ironman!

11:57 AM

 
Blogger TriShannon said...

Congratulations!!!!

2:42 PM

 
Blogger qcmier said...

Congratulations. YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!

10:29 PM

 
Blogger GP said...

Congrats Jen! You haven't posted about the big race (I've been waiting eagerly!), but I tracked your results. You did it! I cannot wait to hear about it.

7:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home