Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, June 28, 2007

You can never really go back

I believe that I'm in the best shape of my entire life. I hope so, because I plan to finish an Ironman in just 23 days. However, I may not be the thinnest I've ever been.

I had a client meeting today and my favorite standby pant suit was at the cleaners. I busted out a skirt suit that I bought for my first job and wore on my first day at said job over 12 years ago. Now, I fit into it, but it isn't as loose as I'd hoped it to be.

In fact, the ice cream sandwich I just consumed makes my stomach feel downright constricted. Of course, I could have said no to the ice cream sandwich, but when the head of your office is personally pushing a cart filled with ice cream products from door to door, it is hard to resist.

Well, I may never be the size I was 12 years ago, but I'll take my current fitness level. Why go back when life is so good now, right?

7 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

Amen!

It's so bizarre. I lost some weight when IM training, but not that much...I think things just "rearranged" themselves.

After last week's camp you are a MACHINE!!! Sounds like you had a blast--just catching up. It helped me a million to the infinity degree to ride the course before the race--mostly in my head. You can rest assured now that you've been there before, so when you're there again, no matter what might get thrown at you, you know you can do it! :)

5:15 PM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

I can't say that I have lost anywhere near the weight that I thought I would.
I do know That we are far fitter than we have ever been.
You are ready for this.

11:21 PM

 
Blogger Joy | Love | Chaos said...

You know which memo I missed at the beginning of all of this? Yeah -- that one that says Iron training is not good for weight loss. Sigh. Great news is that all that extra, well...extra is *muscle*, not the dreaded f-word. Muscle that will get you places in 22 days. Good places, indeed.

Going to miss meeting you this weekend at the Mountaineer!

9:11 AM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Well one thing is for sure, you sure are fit! It is strange how many are so thin, but not fit at all! I think fit is way healthier and the smart person would opt for that anyday!

You must have been really tiny back then, as you seem quite thin to me now!!

11:13 AM

 
Blogger Papa Louie said...

Enjoy ice cream, the physical strength, and the life you have.

1:26 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

It still drives me nuts to think about the crap I ate at 19 and how skinny I was, and to think how careful I try to be now and how I can ride a bike for 12-14 hours, but I still feel "flubby". Sigh!

3:11 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Now this is a concept that is completely beyond me ... how does it happen?? You spend so much of your time burning calories and increasing muscle--but at least you feel good and are in shape ... that's what matters most!

10:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home