Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, January 04, 2008

Iron Worker

As I write this, I am still sitting at the same computer desk that I've been at since 7:30 AM. I think, "I'm not cut out for this." But, then I remember that I'm an Ironman.

I left my house at 7 AM, moved non-stop all day while shoveling easy to eat food along the way. At 10:53 PM, I thought "wow, I've been at this longer than my Ironman took." I should have brought some CLIF blocks.

I guess I should feel lucky that this crazy work schedule is happening this year instead of last year. Getting home at midnight from work though isn't nearly as fun as getting home from Ironman at midnight.

Just a few more weeks of this though. I can get through this.

7 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

Hang in there! Ugh. Work is no fun when it's insane and it sounds crazybusy for you.

See you next Sunday?

2:16 PM

 
Blogger Eric said...

You sure can get through this. I saw Matt at the trail run and he told us about your crazy work schedule.

He did feel bad about being there for a run. aimee has been putting in alot of hours also.

You'll be fine...remember the clif blocks next time.

3:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I need to make you a motivational banner?

GO JEN! KEEP AT IT! SAVE FREQUENTLY!

Take Care-
Maggie

8:39 AM

 
Blogger Papa Louie said...

I hope you get some reprieve from work soon. Hang in there.

9:38 PM

 
Blogger tracie said...

Hang in there!!!!

3:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consulting.....yuck. It won't last all year...just remember that...

8:56 PM

 
Blogger Runner Susan said...

good lord, midnight? i couldn't work that long. hopefully it will be over soon!

9:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home