Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The NYR Gang

I recently joined a new gym. It is the Cleveland State University Recreation Center. When I found out that they accepted members from the general public, I jumped at the chance. It is a brand new facility with nice equipment and an Olympic size pool (sometimes it is set for 50 meter long course, but right now it is at 25 yards which is fine with me).

When I joined at the end of November, I noticed how few people were there in the morning - great for me - no worries of hogging a treadmill. Now though, the dreaded NYR crowd has infiltrated. Luckily, the facility is large enough to accommodate this influx and still allow me access to a treadmill, but it isn't as quiet as it was. Well, we'll see how long they last. Typically, by mid-February I can expect to have the place back to the regulars.

My former gym, Cleveland Athletic Club, went bankrupt at the end of 2007, so a lot of the new CSU members are from there. That's okay though, because many of them are my old pals from the CAC. It's nice to see them again on a regular basis.

In other news, work is still busy, but I haven't worked past 8 PM in a week. I'm hopeful that the trend will continue. My brand new client was very happy with our work, which makes the long hours seem worth it. We really busted our butts to make sure we delivered a quality project earlier (gasp) than promised. They are really nice people though, so we didn't mind as much.

Okay, better get back to it. Hope all is well in blogland!

6 Comments:

Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Good thing all this work is coming at ya in the winter and not the summer! Glad to hear your enjoying the new gym! At least the NYR are always gone by March!

8:30 AM

 
Blogger Kim said...

that's great you have a new great facility! hopefully the NYR peeps will stop coming within a few weeks!

i will keep fingers crossed work tapers off over the next few weeks! nothing sucks more than being at work for 12+ hours!

9:08 AM

 
Blogger Papa Louie said...

The Rec is great. I use it a few times a year when it's open to the public for free. I'm at the pool during lunch time Mon, Tues, & Thurs. come on over.

9:10 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I've been missing you, even though it was me who dropped off the face of the earth. Glad to hear you're past the hump, workwise.

7:07 PM

 
Blogger triguyjt said...

jen-- I drive by that a bit and it looks like a great layout from the street. I will check it out..
Definitely want to check out the pool. Cleve Ath Club. I am so old, I remember going there with my dad many many years ago...
sorry that it went out of business

7:05 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

glad to hear work has "slowed down" a little ... and that you've got a new gym. Tim and I just put together our weight system today (finally ... we've only lived here for 2 years!!) so I'm jazzed to get back at that.

I finally just posted again on my blog. Now if I can just keep a regular posting thing going ....

Miss you!
Love, Jen

10:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home