Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

8:22 mile? - can't be right

Good lord it has been a long time since I've posted. Work has been handing my ass to me on a plate and I can't say I'm enjoying the meal. : )

BUT, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I have been getting my workouts in every morning. It's not two- or three-a-days like last year, but it is something.

I've mentioned before that I joined Cleveland State University's recreation center. Seriously, it is a very nice place. They even have an indoor track that isn't ridiculously short (at least compared to my old gym where you'd have to go 27 times around for 1 mile). This track states that 1 lap equals 1/10 of a mile, but I have serious doubts that it is accurate even when using the outside lane like I do.

So, I got up this morning and thought a run-type workout should be on the schedule (note that it is weird no longer having a coach tell me what to do, but I digress). I did the following workout:

- 1.5 miles run on the track - time = 13:02 (an 8:41 per mile pace - yah, I don't run that fast typically)
- 2 sets of 1 minute of jump-rope, 1 ab exercise and 10 push-ups
- 2 miles run on the track - time = 17:14 (an 8:37 per mile pace - WTF!)
- 2 sets of incline bench, inverted squat, lat pulldown, deadlifts, lateral raises, back extensions, bicep curl and tricep extension (super set upper and lower body before moving to the next two)
- 1.5 miles run on the track - time = 12:33 (an 8:22 per mile pace - this can't be right!)

Well, I don't know if the track is accurate, but I guess it gives me a benchmark for future sessions and I know that I can run faster as the workout progresses even after some heavy lifting. We'll see how this translates to outside later. In the meantime, I'm a happy camper.

7 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

What did the effort feel like? If you were running semi hard I have no doubt you could do those paces. You really were getting a lot faster last fall and winter!

2:49 PM

 
Blogger JenC said...

Thanks E. It did feel semi-hard. I wasn't talking to anyone, because I was by myself but I'm not sure I had the breath to talk.

3:41 PM

 
Blogger triguyjt said...

that csu rec center seems like a perfect spot...length of the track not-withstanding...

cool that you were moving at that clip.

6:06 PM

 
Blogger TriShannon said...

You are an Ironman, you are fast!

I wouldn't know what to do without my coach. I've become spoiled... no thinking about workouts, just follow the plan.

10:54 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

wtg Jen!! I cannot say that I've been very dedicated to working out ... I guess I've fallen into sporadic hibernating mode! Need to get my butt in gear!

12:29 PM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Glad to hear you are finding time to fit in something besides work!!!

I bet you could definitely push yourself to those times. Yet another reason to look forward to spring and seeing where you are when you get outside!

See ya Saturday!

2:35 PM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

You are moving fast. Good work.

It was good to see you last night.
I sometimes have pictured Bob Cratchet working away at the numbers, when I would check your blog. I am glad Ebenezer gives you some time to workout.

11:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home