Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, October 06, 2006

Unintentional birthday presents

So, I officially entered the 35-39 age group today. I've had a 35 on the back of my leg for a few races this year, because of the new USAT rules, so I'm more okay with turning 35 than I might have been. I don't feel 35, but who really knows what 35 is supposed to feel like?!

Last night, I had to reset my clock, because the power had gone off during the day. I always set the time a few minutes fast, but this time accidentally set it 5 minutes slow. So, not only did I oversleep this morning, but I added an extra 5 minutes. I'll take that as an unintentional birthday present to myself. Extra sleep rocks!

I still made it to swimming. That was my other gift to myself. I've been feeling kind of lazy, but I managed to talk myself into going to swimming today at CSU. JT and the guys kicked my butt as usual, but they were all very supportive. I even made a few of the 100 pulls on the 2:10 interval. JT tells me I'm getting faster and I hope it is true. I appreciate that she always has something positive to say. That will help in the coming months.

I get to have lunch with a few of my girlfriends today. That will be fun! Then, tonight, my husband is taking me to dinner and has promised there will be gifts I can open later. Of course, the best gift I ever received was getting him as a husband, but I'll take other gifts too! : )

7 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

You're definitely getting faster! And you'll continue to do so- especially when you swim with faster swimmers. It's good motivation.

Happy Birthday! Let us know what your presents were!

:)

Jodi

10:35 AM

 
Blogger Papa Louie said...

Jen, I hope you have a great and happy birthday!
I'm sure your physiological age is a lot younger than your actual age. The difference is because of the many great benefits we get from exercising.

11:46 AM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

happy Birthday! Hope you have a great dinner tonight!

12:40 PM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Happy happy birthday! :)

2:10 PM

 
Blogger Eric said...

Happy B-Day. Funny how you're only as old as you feel. What's a number.....not much unless you let it get to you.

4:03 PM

 
Blogger qcmier said...

It's not all about the numbers.

Have a very Happy Birthday!!!

1:48 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Just found your blog and I'm enjoying getting to know you through it. I turned 35 this year too, but like you it wasn't really a big deal!

7:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home