Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wheel P*rn

As promised, here is a picture of my new race wheels.



My tri bike was overhauled last week while I was in Florida. I got new cables, shifters, bar tape, tune-up, etc. My wonderful husband not only picked it up for me on Monday, but he also paid for it. Then, he set up the new race wheels on my bike for my viewing pleasure when I got home. He rocks! The bike looks fast - I just hope the engine I'm building can keep up with her.

I rode it last night for 1.5 hours on the trainer and it is smooth. I can't wait to get it outside! I have to wait a little while though even with the weather improving, because my coach wants me to do a 3-hour trainer ride/45 minute run to compare to my performance last time to gauge fitness. It is the Lake Placid course, which kicks my butt, but I'm curious to see if there is improvement too.

Once I get my Florida pictures downloaded from my camera, I'll post them and my trip synopsis to the blog. I've just been so busy (sorry for not getting those pictures to you yet Mallie - I plan to find them this weekend) and I may be heading out of town on Sunday for a three-day work trip to D.C. Good times!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lance Notstrong said...

Nice wheels!!! We need a pic of the entire bike :-)

1:48 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

No problem, Jen. Glad to see you back and blogging. I'm without husband this weekend, so working on your header will be a good use of free time!

4:58 PM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

Cool wheels.
The overhaul, is like getting a new bike that is an old friend.
I am sure the engine is primed and ready for the speed.

5:22 PM

 
Blogger TriShannon said...

Sweet wheels!! You are going to kick butt!

9:34 PM

 
Blogger GP said...

Great bicycle information!

I'm heading into my first triathlon this summer and haven't made the tri-bike plunge. But it's great to learn about someone who has a clue!

Best of luck and great training this season!

9:22 PM

 
Blogger Jodi said...

Cool wheels!

:-)

Jodi

9:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home