Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Power of positive thought

I haven't read "The Secret", but from what I gather, it tells you that the secret to getting what you want is positive thinking. Now, I don't know if that applies to things like winning the lottery, but I do believe that you can affect what happens to you on a personal (i.e., within yourself) level.

On the other hand, I think negative thinking can make bad things happen. Ever think "I haven't had a cold in awhile"? I swear it is bound to bring on a cold the next day. Maybe subconsciously you can feel the cold coming on which triggers the thought. What do I know?! I do know that every time I think that I get sick.

However, if I do feel a cold is coming on, I think "I'm not going to let this get me. I don't have time for this." Usually, it works. I keep working out and keep moving. It works for me. Resting usually makes it worse for me, although I know many people are the quite the opposite. My mom (a nurse) usually says to keep working out as long as there is 1) no fever, 2) no stomach issues or 3) no chest congestion.

Why am I bringing this up? Well, I'm trying to positive think my way out of a cold right now. So far, so good. Wish me luck!

Details and pictures of my trip to Hell and back this past weekend will be posted soon.

8 Comments:

Blogger TriShannon said...

Sending positive thoughts your way. Hopefully you can escape the cold is coming feeling.

7:00 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

I'll send you some of my healthy vibes ... I feel almost completely back to my regular self now. I hope you didn't get any extra bugs while you were here!

Was so fun to have you here!

Love you!

7:30 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Jen...I've been sick enough for the whole lot of us. Therefore you cannot get a cold. I've said it. My word is law!!!

7:57 PM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

Good luck.
I just got over mine.
Intense while my imune system did its thing. But short lived with a quick recovery.

12:38 AM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

Oh shoot this was the weekend you went to Hell?

I will cross my fingers that the cold stays away!

8:23 AM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Sending positive vibes your way.... My cold is not going to get me either!! Stupid weather!

I want to do this Hell trip one year---sounds so crazy!

9:02 AM

 
Blogger Jodi said...

I'm doing the same thing. Got some Airborne from the drugstore yesterday. My Mom swears it will help. Doesn't taste all that bad either...

Jodi

9:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm fighting too...must be the season. I agree about the Airborne. Stay well!

8:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home