Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Yes, it is cold, but...

Yes, it is cold, but at least it was sunny today. The frozen lake looked bright blue from my work window. What's even better is it is almost 6 PM and it is not dark yet. There is a beautiful red sunset over the lake.

Can you tell I'm in a good mood? I am loving recovery week. I got my new orthotics last night, which I need to break in for the next week before attempting running in them, but I have a good feeling about them. I had my mid-year review at work and it was all positive stuff.

I can't say enough good things about my office. The people are so nice and the atmosphere is much nicer than my old job. February 19-23 is official "fun" week here. They are catering in lunch every day, bringing in Foosball and video games, having euchre & poker tournaments, playing Pictionary, Scene It and Family Feud and providing us with a free ticket to an Omnimax theatre movie at the Great Lakes Science Center one day that week. Their motto is "you work hard, so you should get to play hard too". That's pretty cool.

I'm off to Yoga soon with my pals. Sara, we'll hope to see you next week.

I'm going to Houston tomorrow with Sam. Hopefully, I'll have some good pictures when I return. We won't be going to the rodeo after all (my friend had the dates mixed up), but we'll still do lots of fun stuff including possibly riding a mechanical bull!

7 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

be careful on that bull!

9:22 AM

 
Blogger The Blights said...

Looking forward to every 65 degree minute of it!

Nice to hear you're enjoying your job!

9:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww man, no rodeo! I was going to ask you to rope a cowboy and bring him home for me. Hope you have a great time anyway!

9:47 AM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Fun week sounds awesome!!!!

Mechanical bull hurt my lady part good the only time I rode on one...can't cay I feel the need to ever try it again!

11:00 AM

 
Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Recovery weeks put me in a good mood too! As does more daylight in the afternoon!

Nice blog you have here - good luck in your IM training...I'll check in more often to see how it's going!

5:59 PM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

Hope Houston was a good trip for ya.
Sounds like a great workplace.

12:51 AM

 
Blogger Steve said...

HHHHhhhmmmmmm Mechanical Bull.... Don't hurt yourself on that one.... but HOLD ON!! I wanna see like two minutes!

And.... um... yeah so come back to USMS... we miss you... HA!

Turn about is just fair play.

8:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home