Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Why is it usually about the swim with me?

As I look back at my posts over the last few months, I see a trend towards talking most about my swimming progress.

I don't know why for sure. Maybe it is because I didn't know how to swim until the end of 2002, when I had already entered my 30s. Maybe it is because I'm proud of how far I've come (and swum). Maybe it is because I spend so much time doing it. Maybe it is because I'm truly afraid of swimming with 2000+ people at once. Whatever the case, I do swear that I'm doing more for this Ironman than just swimming. : )

In fact, the run and bike are coming along nicely. Last night, I led (or maybe followed is the right word) a group from my triathlon club on the bridle trails. E-speed truly led us on a hilly 4.5 mile route. The result: me running faster than I thought possible - true, it was a recovery run for E, but sufficed quite well as a tempo run for me. After finishing the loop, she kept me company for another mile or two. Thanks buddy!

The weather is improving slowly here and I hope to make my second bike ride outside this Saturday morning. I have a 3-hour ride and 40-minute brick run on the schedule. I also have a baby shower at 1 PM, so time management will be crucial. Hey, life isn't all about triathlon, so you gots to fit it in.

In the meantime, I'll be going to Yoga,lifting some weights and yes, swimming some more. Good times!

Here's your moment of zen (Matt told me to look fierce):

7 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Nothing better than ending a post with a moment of zen :) (I loves me some Jon!! Sexy! Sexy!!)

good luck with your timing this weekend!

I'm happy to say that I've already seen some progress with my "running" this week. I've got a ridiculously long way to go, but I'm going to focus on little bits of progress ... :D

9:44 PM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

You look HELLA fierce!

:)

I am so impressed at your swimming. It freakin' amazes me that you haven't been swimming all your life, but only a few years. You should be really proud of how far you've come--it's inspiring!

10:35 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Great pic, Jen! That one definitely needs to be swapped for the "ta-ta" shot. Send it to me in larger format and it's a done deal.

I swear we all have the same pair of PI tri-shorts. Mine are currently drying downstairs!

8:28 AM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

:) You look like you might be about to giggle ;)

Hope you have a great weekend!

8:56 AM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Fun pic!! Don' laugh!

Hope the weather holds out for your ride on Saturday and my short run!!

It is good to hear about your swimming progress...it at least gives me hope that maybe someday I will get there!

9:14 AM

 
Blogger Papa Louie said...

fierce with a smile.

10:47 AM

 
Blogger Matt Collister said...

You've never seen anyone more dedicated than Jen. I don't know how many times I've woken up early in the morning or come home from work and heard the rumble of that trainer. And always with a smile :)

5:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home