Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Who turned on the blast furnace?

I swear I'm not a heat wimp, but last night's run was completely miserable between the oppressive heat/humidity and excessive bugs. 45 minutes felt like a helluva long time - I don't know how my husband went 1:40 in it. He said he lost 6 pounds and he drank 3 pounds of water during the run!

Now, those of you in the south will scoff at our idea of hot, but you have to remember that we are not acclimated to it. : ) Mallie, can I order an 80-degree, dry day for our visit? : )

I'm running again in it tonight, but the forecast calls for cooler temps soon. I'll still take these sticky hot temps over the 20 degree weather coming our way sooner than later.

5 Comments:

Blogger GP said...

Can you believe the humidity? Yick! Whenever I walk outside I feel like a thick, gross film adheres to me skin and won't go away. That doesn't even touch how my lungs feel.

It's awesome to hear about the race volunteer experience. None of the races I've done even touch that one, but (as I'm sure all runners are) I'm always really grateful to the volunteers. So, on behalf of all those people, thanks for being awesome!

And I hope to see you as an awesome volunteer on Sunday! I'll keep an eye out for you. I'll be the short girl who looks very apparently confused ;-)

9:09 AM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

give me 20 over this crap! ;) See you at yoga tonight!

10:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's 100+ down in the Carolina's. I went out the other day when it cooled to 98.....at sunset..... took it very easy.

Yuck, yuck and more yuck. And the bugs are like the added insult, ya know?

Mag

1:15 PM

 
Blogger Eric said...

I tried 45 minutes Tuesday night also. I actually thought I was going to puke. worst I've felt during a run in a long time.....and it was only 45 minutes.

3:06 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Jen...we can hope. But I can't make any promises. Sometimes September's as hot as August. We've got 111 degree heat index days today and tomorrow. At the very least, we can hope it won't be that bad. And it's never "dry" in the South!

I'm with Liz...give me winter. I can always pile on another layer. I can only take off so much!

6:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home