Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekend Fun Times!

I love the weekend! Who doesn't?! It is even more lovely when you don't have to work and you get to spend it with fun people.

Saturday
I talked Matt into running trails with me again. The terrain was a lot muddier and more slippery than a week earlier, which made it a tough run. In my quest to not be considered a slow running partner, I pushed the pace even faster than Matt had intended to go. We both paid for it later as we limped through the last few miles of our run. It was fun though and I'm glad we got out there onto the trail together - 8.5 miles in da bank (10.5 for him)!

After, I met my little brother for lunch. I matched him slice for slice in the 8-slice large pizza we split and then we shared an Oreo Oblivion dessert. Luckily, we both understand portion control, so just ate enough to be satiated and not stuffed.

I was still not hungry though when I went to the Cleveland Triathlon Club winter party that night. CTC member, Ben, has a sweet penthouse condo in downtown Cleveland and was gracious enough to host. I got to chat with some of my favorite CTC people and most of us indulged in a group shot (I went for the Jameson's instead of the Petron). Sadly, I'm not the young whipper snapper that I used to be. Despite an 8-hour sleep the night before and a 1.5 hour nap during the day, I was all tuckered out by 11 PM. I'm a ball of fire, huh?

Sunday
When I woke up this morning, the world had turned all white again. Yesterday, there was a hint of spring with the 45 degree temperatures and peeks of sunshine. Today, it is 10 degrees outside (-2 with the windchill), 2 inches of snow on the ground and sustained winds of 30+ mph with gusts of 60-70 mph. Got to love living in Cleveland!

But, Matt and I got our butts out of the house and to CSU for a swim. I had decided ahead of time to do the 2900 yard recovery swim assigned by Rob, because my body is so damn sore. I wore a new swimsuit, which I discovered as I was entering the pool area, wasn't as tight as my other suits. As I started my first lap, I was sure my breasts would be exposed to everyone. Now, this may not be a big deal normally, because 1) I do freestyle and my boobs are pointed towards the bottom of the pool and 2) there are usually 3 people in the pool on Sundays. Today though, the recovery workout called for backstroke and the pool area was packed with little kids (and their parents) doing some kind of swim meet. Luckily, my boobs stayed safely contained. : )

Now, I brought some work home to do in front of the TV, but blogging seemed like a much better idea. It feels good to be back to regular workouts and to blogging about them!

6 Comments:

Blogger TriShannon said...

I had a muddy trail run myself. Fifty degree weather caused a lot of snow melt!

Sounds like a fun weekend! And that work can wait until tomorrow, right? :-)

9:02 PM

 
Blogger triguyjt said...

sorry i missed the party. had to work.. seems like it was a nice time...

aim for a monday trail run..its gonna be freaking cold...yikes...

9:15 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

glad the girls stayed put :)

even happier to hear that you had a great weekend ... you sure deserve good down time for all the work you've been doing!!

9:54 AM

 
Blogger tracie said...

jen you are too much! i'm happy that you didn't have any issues at the pool! :)

10:39 AM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

glad your weekend went well and no one got a show they weren't anticipating at the pool :)

11:43 AM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Great to see ya Saturday!!

You were lucky to make it out to get your swim in on those roads!

12:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home