Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, October 20, 2008

What's new?

What's new with you? Not a lot going on here. Just training to train with no goal in mind. I'm taking it easy - only about 5-6 hours a week these days.

What I haven't shared on this forum is that I'm trying to get pregnant. It just isn't going very well. I suppose I should have figured at my advanced age that it wouldn't be easy, but it still is hard to be patient - it has been almost a year since we started trying.

On the bright side though, I have wonderful friends and family, plus the best husband a girl could ask for. If we aren't able to have our own kid, we are open to adoption. I spent a few hours with GJ (Sam's daughter) yesterday and I know without a doubt that I could love a kid who wasn't biologically mine. So, we'll see how it goes. If it happens, I probably won't share the news until it is past the 12-week point, so be patient along with me. Wish me luck though.

In other news, yesterday was the second CTC duathlon out in Mantua. Wow, it was cold! Luckily, I remembered the hand/foot warmer thingies, so us volunteers were feeling pretty good. I felt bad for those who had to run/bike/run with frost on the ground. The hard core group did awesome though! Daisy and E-speed rocked the course. Plus, I got to hang out with my pal Suzi and the fun married couple (BS & SS).

Not sure how much I'll be posting, but I will be reading/commenting. Check on me once in awhile. : )

7 Comments:

Blogger triguyjt said...

all the best in the kid front...

keep on training as per usual....

8:07 PM

 
Blogger Jodi said...

Good luck, Jen! You are a very patient person, which is why I believe that you will be successful with both the pregnancy and motherhood! If you have any questions at all of a medical nature I'd be happy to try to answer them or find someone who can.

Miss you!

Jodi

8:18 PM

 
Blogger Mike said...

Good luck with everything!!!

8:00 AM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

You will be a wonderful mother. I'm thinking of you!

Let's do a trail run or something else fun soon!

9:39 PM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Best of luck lady!

Thanks so much for all your help out at the du's!

8:53 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

hey!! just wanted to pop in ... it's been a long time since I've checked the ol' blog (and waaay longer since I've posted to my own!). I continue to send happy thoughts your way--thanks for the cute bday card!

Love you!

5:30 PM

 
Blogger Mnowac said...

Best of luck, have fun with the trying at least :) I'm pulling for you! It's hard to keep your mouth shut when it does happen, I hope you see those 2 little lines soon and if not, I think adoption is the most wonderful thing someone could do. I am really hoping to adopt a child at some point.

2:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home