Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, November 21, 2008

Breakthrough

Folks, I think I have finally made a breakthrough with my swimming and I couldn't be happier about it!

I went to a swimming clinic on Sunday hosted by a married couple (we call them "the kids"), who used to swim for Case while in college. Anyway, the drills they used really addressed my particular issue. Apparently, I was swimming like a barge and not a sailboat; i.e., not enough rotation. Once I knew that, I've really concentrated on it and my times have come down dramatically!

I might even have to start wearing a watch again to keep closer track!

In other news, I am very excited about going to see Twilight on Tuesday night with e-Speed. I admit to having the reading tastes of a 16-year-old girl and movie tastes of a 12-year-old boy. : )

5 Comments:

Blogger Mnowac said...

I'm seeing it on Sat. My sister saw it last night and said it was truly awful :( I'll be interested to see what you think.

Congrats on the good swimming!

1:47 PM

 
Blogger triguyjt said...

way to cut through the water miss sailboat.!!!!!!

2:15 PM

 
Blogger Matt Collister said...

Yes, you looked really good!

7:43 PM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Good for you! I think I am more of a wounded ship with a dragging rutter.

3:32 PM

 
Blogger GP said...

Breakthroughs! Here's to some real cruising in the water.

8:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home