Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Not gone, just busy

My blogging ethic has been deplorable! I do think about posts all the time and read all of my buddy's posts.

Work madness is starting to settle. That is good from a personal life standpoint, but not sure how I feel about the direction my particular niche of the business is going long-term. It is too bad defined benefit plans are going the way of the dodo. They really are the most efficient delivery of retirement benefits and allow employees to afford to retire. I realize that 401(k) plans make more sense to the average employee, but I could shake each and every one that chooses that plan over the defined benefit plan. Good luck guaranteeing you'll make enough money through your own savings (even with the company match) to last you through retirement. Not that I don't think that these plans have their place alongside DB plans. I suppose eventually I'll need to find a different way to make money with my mad problem-solving skillz. Enough soap box and debbie downer attitude!

Right now, I am not doing much triathlon specific training. I'm fighting a hip flexor injury. I thought I'd work at stretching and strengthening it (two things sorely lacking in my post-baby workout plan), but I think I need a doc's help to fully rehab. I've got my appointment on Friday. Wish me luck, because I have a half-Ironman coming up in June and I need to be running again!!

In the meantime, I'm doing some P90X - bringing it in fact. Mostly, I'm doing just the strength and yoga videos and using biking/swimming as my cardio. I can already tell I'm getting stronger and more flexible. Hopefully, it will pay off once the half-IM training plan ramps up.

I'm also of course raising my sweet little boy. I swear he is the happiest kid and I'm so grateful that he is the way he is! He spends most of his time pulling himself up on things and I'm sure walking won't be too far away. Fun times!






5 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I'm so happy that Will is such an easy baby! :) I had 2 angel babes!! Such a gift!

I hope that work stuff hits exactly the right balance for you ... and that everything works out in a low-stress way for you.

Loved seeing all the pics of Sir William. He will be walking and running all over the place in no time :)

12:01 PM

 
Blogger Tiffany said...

Sounds like you are doing a great job at balancing work, family, and training. Especially with an injury. I have Stretch X - if you don't have that one, I can burn you copy and drop it in the mail. I LOVE it!!

Enjoy this time of your life ... it goes by so quickly. I had good babies and fussy babies, and am maybe slightly guilty of wishing it away, or just fast-forward. There were definite fun stages and not-so-fun stages, but I'm now at a point where my kids are 11 (12 in march), 9 and 7 - life got exponentially easier this year!!! But, I wouldn't give up those baby years for anything - NO REGRETS! Just be true to yourself, your family and your priorities. I try to live my life so that if I was told I had a terminal illness today, I'd be at peace with how I've lived my life ... and now, at age 42, I can truly say that I AM living it in a way that is very fulfilling professionally, personally, in terms of family, job, and training/racing. That balance is hard - and it changes all the time! Keep that attitude of gratitude and enjoy all the good - it helps get ya through a tough day, that's normal now and then!
Hugs,
Tiff

12:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Tony Horton!!!!!! Glad you are enjoying P-90 and all the pushups. My fave is the sneaky lunges. The cardio with P90 is pretty lame.
Take Care-
maggie

1:23 PM

 
Blogger KimZ said...

LOVE the pics of Will! I really like the one with the mirror wall; I'm guess that's not at home. :)
Hope the hip feels better quickly!

4:51 PM

 
Blogger allanjel said...

I love the gangster-hoodie pic. You guys look very intimidating with those HUGE smiles ;o)

10:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home