Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just one week left : (

My baby boy is 11 weeks old today. This is good, because it means he is sleeping longer stretches, smiles all the time and is learning new stuff every day! It is bad though, because it means I am going back to work in a week. : ( In some ways, it will be nice to do adult things again, but I'll miss my little guy terribly. At least I'll only be working 4 days a week starting in July, so I'll get an extra day with him and we'll get to see my workout mommy friends and his little buddies!

In workout news, I'm improving steadily with the bike being the best. I'm swimming 1-2 times a week for about 1800 meters, running 3-4 times a week (long run is now 7 miles) and biking 2 times a week (long bike is now 26 miles). Matt and I have developed a schedule for getting our workouts in each week, while maximizing our time with the little guy. It may mean less sleep, but it will be worth it!

My first triathlon back is July 25. I think I'll be ready for it as it is a sprint. The real test will be the GCT Olympic distance on August 8. Fingers crossed!



5 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

what a cutie! sad you have to go back to work so soon!

9:39 PM

 
Blogger KimZ said...

Awww! Love these pictures! So cute!
Sorry to hear that "work" thing has to get in the way. :-)
I'm sure you'll do as great as always at the tri in July. I'm sad that I have to miss it this year; I'll be out of town for a wedding.
I'll be doing the Oly at GCT though! (my first time doing the Oly there.) I'm sure you'll be flying past me early on. :-)

10:07 PM

 
Blogger Mnowac said...

Oh he is so handsome! Good for you for getting your workouts in. I get up at 5am and work from 8-5:30 and it seems to be working out. I hope you are able to find a good balance. Mommy guilt is the worst, but just remember that a happy mommy = happy Will! So, take time for me time.

9:10 AM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

ACK! LOOK AT THOSE SMILES! :)

Love it! What sprint are you doing the 25th? I'm going to jump in and race it with my Evotri girls! It won't be very fast, but it will be super fun!

10:19 AM

 
Blogger JenC said...

I'm doing the Fairport Harbor sprint. It is awesome! Where is your sprint?

10:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home