Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Three months old!

My little guy will be three months old tomorrow - my how time flies! Speaking of flying, here is a video Matt took of me "flying" Will around. He loves it and I get an ab workout - win/win!!



I am back to work now. In many ways, it is easier than I imagined. Maybe that is because I have been doing this for so long that it is easy to slip back into routine. Don't get me wrong. I miss my little guy terribly, but it makes the time we do have together that much better. Luckily, they are allowing me to work part-time which starts next week, so I'll get to spend an extra day with him each week. I'll also get to see my running mommy friends who I miss like crazy!

Being back to work means juggling my workout schedule even more than I was. This morning, my son got up at 3:30 AM to eat. I got back into bed at 4:15 am and the 5:15 alarm sounded way too soon. I lay there contemplating skipping my trainer ride, but luckily my hubby kept poking me and encouraging me to get up and git'r done. I rode for 45 minutes, sweated a bucket of sweat and was grateful for his prodding by the time I finished. Of course, I'll probably be a zombie by 9 PM tonight, but it was worth it! I have the Fairport Tri on 7/25 and GCT on 8/8, so I better keep my head in the game.

Besides a couple early morning trainer rides a week, I'll attempt to get away for at least one lunch run a week downtown. I wish I was faster, so I could keep up with e-Speed, but that would be serious wishful thinking!! I'm trying to talk a couple of my co-workers into joining me and CV may be able to get away occasionally. It is much more fun and likely to happen if I have company!

Besides keeping a regular workout schedule, I did manage to race another 5-miler. Matt ran with the stroller (it was Father's Day) at a much faster pace than I could manage, but I did eek out a sub 9:30 average on the hilly course on a hot, humid day. I know that isn't fast for most of you regular readers, but it is pretty good for me especially < 12 weeks post partum.

I'll leave you with a couple of recent pictures of the little guy - he is such a joy!!




1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Collister said...

Best baby ever!

Happy to know you were glad I helped you get out of bed.

2:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home