Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, July 30, 2010

First Triathlon Post-Baby

Well, I guess I was worried for nothing. I actually performed way better than I thought I would at this past weekend's Fairport Harbor Pirate triathlon. Maybe the shortened swim and the countless hybrid bikes to pass motivated me, but I managed to get 3rd in my age group (out of 22)!

My swim is still horribly slow, but it is a little better since I had an open water swim lesson on Saturday. Apparently, I need higher elbows and to reach out wider. My bike is rock solid though. I LOVED racing and passing everyone I could catch out there. Flat course + my triathlon bike + me = FAST! But, of course, you eventually have to get off your bike and try to outrun those you passed. My run is okay, but not super speedy.

I passed BS just before T2, but she ran past me like I was standing still, which I basically was while mounting that hill out of the park. I'm really proud of her for finally doing her first triathlon! The first one I ever did, I was almost dead last. Not so for BS! If the ladies in her age group wouldn't have been so competitive, she would have snagged an age group award easily and certainly finished in the top third of the females. Incredible!

I'm feeling fairly good about the GCT Olympic now. I just have to survive the swim and then I'll be set! Of course, this bike course isn't flat, but I'm pretty decent on hills too. Wish me luck!

Here is a picture of me with BS and AS - two fast chicas (picture courtesy of AS)!



Here are a couple of pictures of the happy, little guy. He is 4 months old now!


2 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

Great job, speedy mama! :) You're BACK! Ain't it grand? Woot!

8:03 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Congratulations- I'm in AWE!

5:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home