Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, October 30, 2006

Quick weekend recap

The run with Nicole and Carie on Saturday was muddy, but fabulous. It was so nice to run with these gals. My leg wasn't perfect, but it was better than Wednesday. I credit the company and the forgiving trail.

I rode the trainer on Sunday. I could have ridden outside, but I was feeling lazy. Something about 10 hours of sleep will do that to you. I watched my new birthday gift, X-men III. I was still disappointed in the plot and even more disappointed in the alternate endings.

Matt and I went to the Browns game last night. Yay, we now have 2 wins!! It was cold, but not too cold. Our seats were really high, but in the perfect spot (about the 50 yard line), so we could see everything. I was wary about drinking alcohol and falling over the edge, so just had water and hot chocolate. Oh, but of course, I had to eat poorly, because I was at the ballpark. Who can resist the ballpark hot dog?! And, hot chocolate goes so much better with a chocolate chip cookie. All things in moderation and small variations, right? I did resist the night before - got the grilled chicken dinner, instead of steak, with mixed veggies instead of mashed potatoes and had a small portion of another's dessert instead of ordering my own. Hey, it was my belated birthday dinner, so had to splurge somehow! : )

So, Ironman training begins officially this week. I have less than 9 months to go. Time is flying, but I'm looking forward to the challenge. I'm doing drills on the trainer tomorrow. Ah, good times!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

I forgive you- I can't resist a ballpark hot dog either!

Hey- how do you put the countdown on your blog? I know where to get it, but don't know how to add it to my template...

Jodi

8:18 PM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Why is it that all other times hot dogs absolutely disgust me, but at a stadium, they are the tastiest things EVUH?!

Seriously. Sooooo good.

9:27 PM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

Glad the run went well. Hope that ITB gets cleared up for good soon!

10:58 PM

 
Blogger The Blights said...

Who can resist Ballpark hotdogs? I'd have eaten 5!

9 MONTHS! It seems so offical this week....I'm already excited!

See you at the run tomorrow!

8:10 AM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Wow, 9 months...it sounds so far away yet I am sure time will fly!

9:04 AM

 
Blogger qcmier said...

Running with company always makes the miles go by easier.

3:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are good luck for the Browns!

8:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home