Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, April 06, 2007

Moving along just fine and then wham!

For the last month or so, I've been flirting with getting a cold. My throat will get sore, I'll keep working out and it will go away with no further effects until now. The cold finally settled in for a visit. I am hopeful that it will go away quickly and in the meantime, I am still able to get my workouts in except...

My IT band and hamstring hurt again, almost as bad as they did back in the beginning of December. I don't know what happened. I was clicking along just fine with little to no pain the last month or two. My 1:50 run on Sunday was tiring, but not painful.

Then, I got on the trainer on Tuesday night and that all changed. My IT band was a little irritated, but it was manageable. That happens sometimes, so I didn't give it much thought. On Wednesday, E-speed and I were planning to run some hills in downtown Cleveland, but the cold, blustery weather drove us onto the treadmill. For the most part the run was fine, but my hamstring got tight towards the end. Again, irritating, but not painful. Yesterday's 90-minute bike ride was fine, so I thought it was all good. Then, prior to my weights session and Yoga last night, my hamstring was really tight. Today, it is tight and my IT band really hurts at my knee.

Is it just the sudden 30 degree, snowy weather? Am I back at square one? I hope not. Just to be sure, I scheduled an appointment for this afternoon with the ART guy. If he gives me the go ahead for tonight's run, I'll probably run on the dreadmill just in case. I don't know what to do if he doesn't give me the go ahead. I'm not going to think about it right now. I'm willing to scrap tonight's run if I have to do so, but what about tomorrow's brick and Sunday's long run? Must think positive, healing thoughts. I've been here before and have gotten through it. Wish me luck.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Hope you feel better soon!

3:17 PM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

ugg. I hope the doc gives you the go ahead. You may be right, it could be the cold weather.

4:23 PM

 
Blogger TriShannon said...

Get well soon!! Remember to listen to your body... maybe a day off is needed. I think the weather is a player also... hard this time of year when all we want is for spring to come.

8:34 PM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

Don't force it.Take some rest. Your body knows what it needs.
I lost nothing while I was sick. I think I may have gained abit.
Feel better.

1:02 AM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Dang random pains cramping up with this stupid weather! Best of luck!

3:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was 21 here in Charlotte as I headed out for my long run. 21! I can't imagine what it was in Cleveland. It took forever to get loosened up - hopefully it is just the cold bothering you! Think warm stretchy thoughts. Warm....stretchy!

And damn- the cold did not kill the cankerworms I was telling you about.

Maggie

6:17 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

The cold temps and the cold bug is a combo that's hard to ignore. Hope you took your need for rest to heart and took it easy. Here's to health for the rest of your training journey.

4:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home