Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

45 days!

I couldn't let the day pass without mentioning that there are only 45 days left to IMLP!! (I bill my time at work in 15 minute increments, so any multiple of 15 seems even more significant, especially when it is only 3 times 15)

This week is taper week for me before my first half-Ironman of the year on Sunday. You'd think I'd be worried about the race - after all, this was my A-race distance last year. But, compared to what is happening next month, it seems short and the training I've done has been more than enough (obviously) for a half. Sure, I hope to set a PR on the pancake flat course, but I'm not going to stress about it.

Originally, my schedule called for no swim this morning and to sleep in instead. Angela wants me to get as much rest as I can this week. I cajoled her into allowing a short open water swim though. When we got up though, neither of us wanted to venture out in the 50 degree weather to enter the 55 degree lake, so we bailed on the plan. I went back to sleep and got 1.25 more hours of sleep. Hope it helps! I will try to get in the lake on Saturday afternoon for a brief dip and to remind my body that a wetsuit is not a boa constrictor around my chest. : )

The time to this race, Lake Placid camp and Ironman itself used to seem so far away, but now it is go time.

June 10 - Racing for Recovery Half Ironman
June 20-24 - Lake Placid training camp
July 22 - Ironman

Let's get this party started!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Have an amazing time at Racing for Recovery! His book was the first one that I read about recovery and filling the void of time and purpose with triathlon. It really sends a healthy message that our pasts neither define nor confine us. I celebrated my second year of sobriety (wahoo!) two days ago, so I have a lot to be thankful for. Enjoy the race!

11:06 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sure you'll rock the 1/2 IM course this weekend, Jen. I'm already getting excited just thinking about reading your race report. Enjoy your taper week. You definitely deserve it.

11:24 AM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

Good Luck this Weekend! You are going to do great!

11:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Jen! You will Rock your 1/2 Ironman...then Rock the whole thing. Looking forward to LP!
Mag

12:39 PM

 
Blogger Dances with Corgis said...

Wahoo!

I bet you are psyched for "camp" :)

Kick butt on the half, lady.

12:49 PM

 
Blogger Jodi said...

This race is a perfect opportunity to push your limits, girl! No holding back. You have improved so much this year, it's time to let that body convince you what a stud you are. Nail that race!

Jodi

4:45 PM

 
Blogger TriShannon said...

Good luck this weekend! You are going to rock the 1/2 IM!!

10:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home