Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Crossfit and a Perfect Ending

On Friday, I did an actual CrossFit workout with my friend Nic. She did them all the time in Houston and now, she attends in Cleveland. So, our workout was short, but it packed a punch.

Warm-up
.25 mile jog
3 times of 30 seconds of situps, 30 of seconds squats and 30 seconds standing lunge stretch

Workout
8 x 20 seconds of push-ups with 10 second rest in-between
8 x 20 seconds of planks with 10 second rest in-between
8 x 20 seconds of walking lunges with 10 second rest in-between
8 x 20 seconds of pass the medicine ball sit-ups with 10 second rest in-between

Warmdown
.75 mile walk

Now, going into this, I have to admit that it didn't sound very tough. I can do just about anything for 20 seconds right? Well, let me tell you that I was in for a surprise. Sure, I could do it, but it was tough! By that evening, I was starting to feel it. I woke up the next morning incredibly sore. My abs were so sore that I couldn't cough. Wow, who knew such a short workout would pack such a wallop?! I guess it goes to show you that mixing it up is exactly what your body needs to keep it guessing. I did still manage to run 1:15 on the trails with Sam and do a decent 2-hour bike ride on Saturday morning.

This morning, I was still sore, but it was better. Swimming worked out my remaining kinks. Today was our last day of the tri-swimming class. Part of me was reluctant to go, because the last time I went I was so slow, but it was the last class. I'm so glad I went! Today's class was the perfect ending to a tough, yet good 7-month class. I held my threshold pace and was able to go sub-TP when called upon. Good times!

6 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

maybe if those sets were 1*20 I could hang. But I am sore just looking at that workout! :)

7:33 AM

 
Blogger tracie said...

work it girl! :) nice to see you on friday :)

9:56 AM

 
Blogger Kim said...

i do NOT miss crossfit ONE BIT. those workouts last less than 20 minutes, and you feel like death starting with the first second. I HATED crossfit :) way to go with all those crazy workouts!

12:29 PM

 
Blogger Mnowac said...

Ahhhh I have been wanting to check out those crossfit workouts. Its just kind of far away for me, but they sound like fun!

2:12 PM

 
Blogger ramblings of a runnner said...

i'm intrigued by this crossfit stuff - i've just recently heard about it - sounds like it is pretty cool - nothing like figuring out how to kick our own butts even more - in even less time!! hey - i might take you up on your tire changing lesson some time - i'll buy you lunch in exchange for a lesson!

8:52 AM

 
Blogger triguyjt said...

While I have done variations of the cross-fit routine, I have never done the one you described and I am certain it would totally kick my fanny.. period....

Great job... Your hubby does versions of that kinda workout..He's strong..solid...what the heck happened to me???

3:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home