Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Oh no you din'nt!

Oh, yes I did! I've posted in the past that this is one of my favorite sayings:

There is no better time than right now to be happy.
Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
So work like you don't need money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
And, dance like no one's watching.


This morning on a solitary trail run, a song called "The Cha-Cha Slide" came on my iPod. For those who have never heard of the song, it is hip-hop line dance where the guy tells you which dance moves to employ. Well, I had just run down a big, steep hill and I thought "Why not?" So, I stopped my watch and got my dance groove on in the middle of the trail. And, you know what? Someone was watching, but I didn't see them until I'd finished. I hope I made those runners' days! I know I made mine.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen, this is priceless! Something that I would do. I miss our Wednesday night trail runs in Chagrin. I moved to Rochester this winter for work. But still keep up with the triathlon world of Cleveland, Ohio. I will be completing my first 1/2 Ironman at Greater Cleveland this year. Will you be racing that weekend? Just wanted to say hi!

10:43 AM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

This is why I love you!

11:00 AM

 
Blogger tracie said...

you are just too adorable! i'm glad you had a great run (dance)! :)

11:25 AM

 
Blogger JenC said...

Thanks everyone! Good times!

Kim, I ran into random guy and heard that you moved. Rochester is a nice town, but I'm glad you'll be back to visit. If I don't do the race, I'll be there volunteering for sure! Have fun training!

11:46 AM

 
Blogger GP said...

That is AWESOME!

The best part is not only did you get your grove on (dancing is good for your spirit and your heart), I'm POSITIVE that you made that person's day.

And I'm sure you just perked up everyone else who has read your blog. Now, if you could go ahead and catch video next time, that would be great!

12:28 PM

 
Blogger triguyjt said...

I'm bringing my camera to North Chagrin from now on..!!!!

;)

5:46 PM

 
Blogger Matt Collister said...

You make me laugh every single day.

I love you!

7:36 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This made me smile, so you've definitely made "THE DAY" for several folks. I sometimes do a little bootie shaking on the bike, but you can't really get into it to bust a move, so to speak.

1:14 PM

 
Blogger Mike said...

Great story! :) That would have been so cool to see :)

1:04 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Jen ... just one of the many things I love about you!! And, if I had been the person watching, I probably would have joined in :)

9:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home