Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, April 13, 2008

I knew I was slow, but...

I ran with a friend who is 29 weeks (just about 7 months along) pregnant yesterday. I had to ask her to slow down, because she was running too fast for me. D'oh!

Then, I went to triswimming today and it didn't get any better. Not only did I swim slower than my 20-minute time trial two months ago, but I couldn't hang at all on the sets at the end. We would regroup after each 75, 50 or 25 and being the slowest meant little to no rest for me. Instead of trying my best, I just gave up and got out of the pool. Worse was I actually started crying about it. Good grief! I was mad at myself, but didn't need to be a baby about it.

TriSara cheered me up in the lockerroom and then accompanied for coffee afterwards. Thanks buddy!

In other news, we have our workout room all set up now. Matt painted it blue yesterday; we got the treadmill from Rob's place and built the Ikea table today. The TV is too low to watch from the treadmill, but I'm sure we'll figure out someway to rectify that. If not, I'll just zone out to my Ipod. Here's a picture for your viewing pleasure!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww- Jen. You are not slow. You just need to come run with me. Or, god forbid, swim with me.

Great gym by the way!

Take Care-
Maggie

8:32 AM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Chin up girl!! We all have those days!

4:33 PM

 
Blogger triguyjt said...

hey jen...sorry you had one of those days....

the room looks cool...props to matt on the paintjob....
all our stuff is down in the dungeon..which means the bride takes the bench, balls, mats up to the great room whenever she trains someone.. dreadmill remains in dungeon

10:06 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you just had a bad day. They happen to us all. Knowing you, you'll shake it off and have a fantastic workout next time!

10:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong with slow and steady. Bad day or not, these sports are individual sports so try not to measure your success against someone else. YOU are an individual!
-Suzi

4:38 PM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

Those days happen.
Last month I had a bad tri swimming day. This month was better.
The work out room looks great.

5:11 PM

 
Blogger ramblings of a runnner said...

hang in there - the bad days just make you appreciate the good days that much more. and sometimes you just need to cry. nothing wrong with that!

10:35 AM

 
Blogger GP said...

Nice room! I need to get on the ball, get a bike and have some type of setup in which I can ride without perfect weather. Step one: stop being a wimp!

I have to hand it to you: I often let those "slow" days come to a grinding halt. And end in a nap. Some days my legs just don't want to move, and I just don't do enough to override their urge to do nothing. Good job to you for pushing through!

3:26 PM

 
Blogger tracie said...

i have cried post RR swimming! you pushed yourself as hard as you could that's all that matters! :) awesome workout room!

8:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home