Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Have you ever?

Have you ever been on a trail run that was...

- so muddy that you couldn't see the flesh on the back of your legs when you were finished?

- so filthy that you had to throw your shoes away at the end of the run?

- so dirty that you had to literally scrub your legs clean?

- so fun because you had 3 wonderful women to run and converse with?

- so warm in April in Cleveland that you could run with shorts on?

- so calorie-burning that you justified ordering a shared breakfast afterwards with one of those wonderful women that was so large that the waitress called it "hearty"? and, you were still hungry when you got home?

- so wonderful, because you could run 10.3 miles with no aches, pains or worries after having not run more than 6-8 miles at a time in months?

- so fabulous, because 3 women mentioned above not only didn't complain about the mud, but actually cheered about it?

Well, I had such a run today. My friends, Angela, Sam and Tina were the perfect companions for a perfect run. I'm still smiling. Thanks ladies!

5 Comments:

Blogger Charlie said...

I agree. Running today renewed my love for running. The towpath was a bit kinder to my clean shoes

10:19 PM

 
Blogger triguyjt said...

i am heading to a trail tonight to get my shoes as muddy as possible...

afterwards, i will have you to thank.

I think i will thank you in advance...

i was not gonna run today, but you painted such a cool picture that i am going out..
thanks

5:04 PM

 
Blogger Matt Collister said...

There must have been something in the air Sunday. I had my best long run - a 20-miler - in months. Maybe years. Maybe spring is finally here.

10:08 PM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Woohoo, things are looking up!

8:36 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I've had the same experience on the bike, does that count? :)

12:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home