Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ouch!

So, I got stung by a bee this morning. Matt and I were finishing our bike ride, which went rather well until a bee flew into my bike top and stung me.

I kind of freaked out. I'll admit it. It hurt like a mofo. By the time Matt rode back to me, I was blubbering incoherently "it stung my boob". It took several attempts before he could understand what I was saying. In hindsight, it is pretty freaking funny, but not so much at the time. I haven't been stung since I was 12. I guess I've been lucky considering how much time I spend outside.

In other news, I was quoted in the Cleveland Plain Dealer today. I wish our club would keep expanding. There are so many more triathletes out there than there used to be, but our club has stagnated at 250 members. I know there are more triathletes in Cleveland than that. And it is a great club with lots to offer for the cheap price of $20. So, if there are any Cleveland triathlete lurkers to this blog that aren't members, please sign up and get involved. We need you! We can't keep changing or growing without fresh opinions and help!

Okay, off soap box now. So, what is on tap next for me? Well, this weekend, I am doing some events at the Corporate Challenge for my employer. Specifically, I am part of the 10k relay, tug of war and obstacle relay. Now, I'm not a fast runner, so won't be much help for the run and I'm probably a little small for the tug of war, but I hope to be helpful for the obstacle course. I'm pretty quick on my feet and I love this stuff! Remember how I want to be a Gladiator? Well, this is the first step. Wish me luck!

Then, next weekend, I'm doing the Olympic distance race at Greater Cleveland Triathlon. I seriously considered the half-iron distance. Heck, I trained for IMLP with Sam, so I know I can go the distance. It is just that I don't feel like suffering for 6-7 hours and I'm fairly sure I can't PR it. I know, stupid reason, but I've done no specific training for the race and I'm interested to see how I'll fair at the Olympic distance. I haven't done one in almost 2 years. Good times ahead!

6 Comments:

Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

I really, really, really hope your boob is OK. I like boobs.

6:30 PM

 
Blogger tracie said...

sorry to hear about the bee sting!!!

i will see you next weekend at GCT - woohoo! :)

8:25 PM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Oh no! Poor lady parts. OUCH!

Great quote in the article! It is pretty awesome to be a part of all this, huh? Hopefully your words will get some new recruits! :)

10:09 PM

 
Blogger Mike said...

I hope you survived the injury, same thing happened to me while checking my blood sugar on a ride last week! Well...not my boob but my back! lol Where is the GCT taking place? I've never watched a tri before and would love to come watch and cheer the CTCers on!

1:16 PM

 
Blogger TriShannon said...

I remember doing the corporate challenge. We got KILLED in tug of war!

I got stung last summer on a ride. I almost wrecked. It hurts! Hope you, I mean your boob is okay! :)

6:51 PM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Thank you for the laugh. I got stung in the right butt cheek yday and freiked out...third bee sting of the year and let me tell ya, my reactions aren't small!

I am surprised you aren't doing the half, but rationale makes sense! See ya this weekend!!! Best of luck!

12:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home