Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Amazingly good run

So, you all know that I've been training with Sam while she preps for Ironman Lake Placid. This is her last big weekend before the 3-week taper begins. I'm excited, but also not looking forward to not seeing her as much (I'm sure she'll want some time off after the race). I definitely have enjoyed the journey, almost more than when I trained for LP last year.

Today was her last long run and it was the longest by far. We've routinely done 2.5 hours, but today's schedule had a 3-hour run on tap. Half hour doesn't sound like much, but the 2.5 hour runs were tough at times. However, it ended up being an amazingly good run.

Angela (my former coach and Sam's current coach) and e-Speed joined us on the trails of N. Chagrin. I felt stronger than I have in months and I know Sam was feeling good, because she charged up the biggest hills with no problem. She even gave speedy E-Speed a run for her money on one hill (of course E answered with ease). Of course, that left Ang and me trying to keep up. The last hour it was just me, Sam and E. Every time Sam and E would get talking they would speed up, but I only had to ask them to slow down twice.

All in all, we ran 16.7 miles in 3 hours, which is pretty good for trail running with roots, rocks, mud and hills. It is my longest run since Ironman and it is Sam's longest run ever. I know she is worried about how she'll perform on Ironman day, but after what I've seen today (and the last 6 months), she's more than ready. As Ang said, "the hay is in the barn". Can't wait to see her rock LP course!

6 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

Thanks for the great run girl! I had fun and am glad I got in the extra miles!

1:43 PM

 
Blogger Mnowac said...

Nice job Jen! Sounds like a fantastic run.

7:53 PM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Sounds like you are doing pretty well yourself!!!

10:22 AM

 
Blogger triguyjt said...

great run jen...I would have loved to run with you guys, but after awhile you would have said "quit gabbing so much" haha

6:39 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I finally ordered some new trail running shoes with my b-day money, so maybe one day soon I'll be able to post about a fantastic trail run with friends. Glad you guys had such a good time!

3:45 PM

 
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Nice run! And good luck to Sam at Lake Placid!!

10:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home