Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, November 03, 2006

Fabulous swim

I had a fabulous swim this morning at CSU. I was able to keep up with the lane next to me and the dude in my lane for the most part. The coach had assigned many sets on timed intervals. The others were ignoring him and going faster than assigned, so I swam anaerobic for about 1500 yards of the 2800 I covered today. But, I survived and felt great!

I now have the Rocky theme in my head. Getting strong now! Won't be long now!

I used to dread going to masters practice, but I actually look forward to swimming now. What a difference a year makes!

I'm still going to get more official lessons, because there is still much room for improvement. I'm still the slowest swimmer at masters. My next lesson with Laura (she's fabulous) is on Sunday. She's going to assign me an hour workout and watch how my form progresses through the hour. I'll get tips along the way too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

You did awesome today! I didn't realize that you still had a swimming coach. That's great. I'd love for someone to look at my form and critique it. Isn't that supposed to be part of Angela's package?

Have fun this weekend!

Jodi

11:08 AM

 
Blogger Papa Louie said...

Good to hear you had a fabulous swim! I keep telling myself I'm going to have to make the masters workout sometime. And even get a coach. Glad to hear it's all working out for you.

10:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home