Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Random Thoughts Thursday

I'm going to borrow the tag line from my pal Jodi. Hopefully, she doesn't mind. I just have so many random thoughts going on inside my head right now:


1. My friend Sam J. (AKA my lawyer) sent the letter to the dietitian today. Keep your fingers crossed that this will all be over soon.

2. Just because I don't have a dietitian, doesn't mean that I'm not trying to eat healthier. Yesterday, I chose to eat the CLIF bar I brought over the donuts, pastries and muffins offered for free at my training. Of course, today, I went for the pumpkin muffin at Au Bon Pain - it was begging me to eat it, I swear! All things in moderation, right?

3. My swimming is starting to come along. I don't know if I'm any faster, but I feel way more confident in the water. I enjoyed my 3100 yard swim yesterday with Sam J. even though we were in a 20-yard pool (that was my longest yet in such a small pool).

4. On my trainer rides this week, I watched the picture slide show playing on our home computer. It shows pictures taken by my husband over the last 3 years. There are tons of pics from Lake Placid and they really psych me up for my ride. I can't say my crotch is in agreement though. Give me real road any day. Stupid daylight!

5. I ran with Liz and some guy from London who will be moving to Cleveland in January (he's a research doctor). Sorry about his luck. At least London is cold then too. Liz was nice enough to take him back to his hotel, because he had run from his hotel near the Clinic to meet us for the run. I was a little worried about sending her off alone with him, but she called afterwards and let me know she was okay. Phew! He seemed like a nice chap, but you never know.

6. I'm absolutely exhausted this week. I had to take a nap last night before Lost in order to stay awake to watch it. I foresee a similar plan for tonight. I had to talk myself into getting up before 5 for the third day in a row this morning (a typical week for me these days has me getting up around 4:45 Tuesday through Friday). I told myself I'd feel much better after the trainer ride was over and I did.

7. I better get used to the exhaustion, because Ironman training is just beginning. I wish I had Matt's energy. He runs a marathon and then is out mowing the lawn when he gets home, while I'm snoozing on the couch from just running 10.7 miles in a relay! I have to tell you that I have been getting up before him most days the past month or so. Slacker sleeps until 5-5:15! : ) I have to poke him and say "are you going to sleep all day?!!"

8. This weekend looks like it will be fun. Matt and I are going on a fancy date on date night. Sunday is the newbies get-together. Sunday morning I get to run with my pals (Jodi, Sam B., Sam J. and Carie) and most likely get some grub after. Ah, good times!

Okay, I better get back to work. Those calculations won't check themselves!

Until next time...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Keep me posted on the dietition saga.

I'm really looking forward to our run on Sunday. I love the Chagrin reservation!

See you tomorrow morning!

Jodi

8:11 PM

 
Blogger The Blights said...

Hope you had a great swim! Very interested in what happens with the dietition. Are you planning to see someone else?

Have a great Friday!

8:30 AM

 
Blogger JenC said...

No plan to see someone else. I think I can get my eating under control by myself. So far so good.

8:54 AM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

Ditto what the girls said. I hope that dietician gives you back your money.

Have fun on your runs this weekend! I will be down in the valley and then finally head over for a Solon road run on Sunday. I feel like I am finally getting back into the swing of things, lol, good thing since I race next weekend!

10:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home