Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, April 23, 2007

Angela's girls

Wow, it has been awhile since I last posted. Work and life have been crazy busy, but it is a good kind of busy.

So, who enjoyed the fabulous weather this past weekend?! Good stuff!

On Saturday, I got the pleasure to not only ride with my wonderful coach, but also with a few of the other gals she coaches. We had a beautiful ride and it was nice to spend time with each of them.

On Sunday, I ran with a few more of Angela's girls. They allowed me to drag them out of the valley on the carriage trail and then Jodi and I hit the Brecksville reservation for some hill climbing fun. Unlike my marathon partners last year, Jodi didn't complain about the long, steep hill climbs even though she was trashed from the long workout she did the day before. She's got 2 months left to IM CDA and looks rock solid! I really appreciated the company on my 2-hour run and she pushed me to run faster than I would have done alone.

I am grateful for my coach and for the wonderful ladies that she coaches. We may be training for different races, but we share the same dedication. We and Angela will get us there in terrific shape for our chosen race. Thanks Angela and thanks gals!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Amen!

IM training just wouldn't be any fun without the wonderful group of training partners we have. Should be an exciting few months!

Jodi

PS- I'll be your long-run training buddy any day! It was so fun!

9:45 AM

 
Blogger GP said...

All the best to you on Saturday as well! The weather just might hold up, but I'm still knocking on wood and crossing my fingers. Either way, I'll be really thrilled to finish my first 10-mile race.

Now, to go convince myself I can actually run 10 miles!...

4:23 PM

 
Blogger qcmier said...

Brecksville Reservation and Carriage Trail are awesome places to train. I miss them, especially biking on Meadows Drive.

10:00 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Hey--

That's great that you have such wonderful people to train with. That sure makes the workout a lot more fun ... and less painful, sometimes!

:)

12:16 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see a post, I was wondering where you were. It's always great to have fantastic folks to hang out with during training. I've got some great girls around me, and it makes it so much easier to put in the miles.

5:49 AM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Sounds like you chicas are getting in some fantastic group training sessions!

I think it is time for me to back off on my racing schedule so I can enjoy some!

8:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home