Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, April 09, 2007

Thanks

Thanks for all of the well wishes. The cold is on its way out without too much damage in its path. I seem to have contracted allergies now. How is this possible with over a foot of snow on the ground? I'm blaming the Easter Lilly at my mom's house. : )

My leg is better too. My wonderful LMT and the D.C. she works for hooked me up with some massage, ultrasound, electro-stimulation, creative knee taping and ART on Friday night. I skipped my Friday night run with my coach's blessing.

When I woke up on Saturday, my IT and hamstring were still sore, but felt better. I was kind of dreading the 2.5 hour trainer ride and 40-minute run. However, I did a good 20-minute warm-up ride before riding the LP course for 2:10 and I rode it better than ever before. No pain at all. My hamstring tightened up a few times on the run, but it wasn't too bad. Maggie, I'm thinking warm, stretchy thoughts. I'm glad there are no creepy worms here.

Yesterday's run was totally bizarre. I met up with Stacy at N. Chagrin reservation. The snow was deep in the parking lot, but the plows were going by on the road. So, we take off with some tag-along random dude onto the roads of N. Chagrin instead of the path or trail. The snow was falling so fast that it quickly covered up the path the snow plow made and visibility was very poor. While I was feeling okay leg-wise, we didn't think it was wise to keep running on that surface dodging the snow plow while covered like snowmen, so we quit after 53 minutes.

When Matt and I went down to my mom's house in Canton, there was absolutely no snow on the ground. I'll have to keep that in mind if this freaky snow storm happens on Easter weekend next year. I can always travel out of the snow belt and get ready down there.

Hope you all had a nice Easter. Matt (er the Easter Bunny) surprised me with a basket yesterday morning. I'll post some pics of it later. His Easter Bunny got him nothing. Bad Easter Bunny!

10 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

no easter gifts for Matt? David's mom got us a basket full of goodies plus a gardening book and some flowers :)

Hope the ART is helping!

10:31 AM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Glad to hear things are better! Yeah, my Easter Bunny had a basket for me to find!

Stupid snow!! Let's hope we don't deal with this anymore Easters!!!

10:53 AM

 
Blogger Dances with Corgis said...

we've had some freaky snow here, too. it's supposed to snow again on Thursday. So strange.

1:06 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Bad Easter Bunny! LOL You are one funny chica! :D

I was doing really well with the running, but I am obviously not completely dedicated yet, as I have not ventured out since the weather turned freakishly cold and blustery. I'll get back to it soon ... until then, I've got my boot camp and cardio kickboxing at the Y to keep my butt movin'!!

So glad to hear that your cold hit the road in short order ... I flirted with something this weekend, but seem to have eluded it. Yeah us!!! :)

9:47 PM

 
Blogger qcmier said...

Hope things get better. And yeah I don't miss lake effect snow. Heck I was in shorts on Friday morning before I drove up to the Jake.

2:22 AM

 
Blogger GP said...

I really hope to see you at the Cleveland 10-Miler!

I'm getting over my own cold (or whatever I picked up at the office) and hope that and the weather get a little more agreeable by April 28! All the best to you and beating what the season brings on us!

And, you know, if the weather isn't any better, we can always take the run to Milwaukee.

11:16 AM

 
Blogger Matt Collister said...

You know, I'm not big on easter baskets anyway :)

5:05 PM

 
Blogger Jodi said...

Glad you're back!

Lanny and I are doing an Angela workout tomorrow in the "open water" end of the pool. 800 warm up then 3 x 1000. You're welcome to join us!

:-)

Jodi

6:43 PM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

What is up with this crazy weather?!?!?!

Glad you're feeling better! Sending warm, stretchy vibes your way. :)

9:09 PM

 
Blogger TriShannon said...

Great job on the brick!! I'm with you... so over the snow and cold weather!

The Easter Bunny was nice to you!

11:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home