Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, May 04, 2007

Bringing on the volume

With Ironman less than 80 days away (yowza, it is going fast now), my coach is bringing on the volume. This week's workouts:

Monday - rest day (did have a swimming lesson, but didn't swim far)
Tuesday - AM 3800 yard swim; PM 90-minute bike ride
Wednesday - AM 4000 yard swim; lunch lift session; PM 75-minute run
Thursday - PM 90-minute bike ride followed by Yoga class
Friday - AM 4000 yard swim; lunch lift session; PM 90-minute bike ride
Saturday - 4-hour bike ride followed by 45 minute run
Sunday - 2:15 run (suddenly this feels like an easy day in comparison)

It's a lot of volume, but I seem to be handling it okay so far. Don't get me wrong. I'm tired, really tired, but hanging in there. Wish me luck staying awake for my many meetings at work. It is kind of embarrassing falling asleep during a meeting when there are only 3 of you in it. : )

My co-worker told me that I was brave for doing all of this. I'm not sure if brave is the right word. I think "stupid" or "crazy" fits better...just kidding!

I'll leave you with pictures of me with two of my biggest fans who put a smile on my face especially during the tired times. Have a great weekend!



6 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Good work getting through the high volume stuff- you're well prepared and you'll keep handling it well.

3:52 PM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

your kitty is too cute! You are going to do so great in 80 days!

6:20 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

The pic with your hubby is cure, but the pic with Jack is adorable! You're really nailing some impressive volume numbers. Keep it up!

5:24 PM

 
Blogger TriShannon said...

Great job with all the volume. Crossing that finish line will make it all worth it.

Good luck staying awake!!

7:58 PM

 
Blogger Eric said...

As much as I enjoyed training for IM last year I'm glad I don't have the volume you are going through.

I remember numbers like that.

6:16 AM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

That is one heck of a lot of volume. All of it will pay off in the end. Now if only we could figure out a way to help you stay awake!!

11:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home