Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Grateful

I'm very grateful for all of the wonderful people in my life, but I wanted to quickly highlight two that made my Wednesday night run a nice experience.

The run assigned by my coach last night was this:

Run 75 minutes total
Warm-up 20 minutes till you reach the bottom of a long hill then

Run up it for 2 minutes (think power, not speed)
Recover for 2 minutes
Run up it for 1 minute (fast feet, think speed)
Recover for 1 minute
Repeat 8 times
Finish run in steady zone 2

I lead a group run for the triathlon club every Wednesday night. The nice weather brought out a good-sized group of people. Most just kept running after we got to the bottom of that steep-ass bridle trail hill, but two stayed with me. Both of them had just run the Flying Pig race this past weekend - JT did the half-marathon and E-speed did the full marathon. Both were hurting, but they were willing to keep me company. E even did most of the hill repeats with me.

After 4 times through, I couldn't stomach doing any more, so we continued out for another 10 minutes then turned around for one more go at the hill back to the start.

I don't think I would have done as well without them, so thank you JT and E-speed! You rock!

6 Comments:

Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Sounds like that Wednesday night running group is really attracting some people. Way to stick out a tough workout. It is truly amazing what a difference some company during tough workouts makes!!!

2:21 PM

 
Blogger Dances with Corgis said...

Heeheehee... flying pig :) Still laughing over that.

Glad you had a great run! The group runs really push me, as well.

9:02 PM

 
Blogger TriShannon said...

Wow, great run! Sounds tough and you gutted it out. Money in the IM bank!

9:49 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

It's always awesome to have folks that help you through. I think friends are as important to training results as nutrition, rest and coaching. You're surrounded by some great folks, you lucky girl!

8:26 AM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

no problem girl. I would definitely want the company if it was me who was assigned those repeats!

6:20 PM

 
Blogger Papa Louie said...

So nice to have running buddies to help you make it through a tough workout. See you this weekend. I'm running the 10K to see what kind of speed I have in me these days. Have a great half marathon race.

9:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home