Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Showing the love and other random thoughts

This morning, I swam with my pal Sam J. She is one of the nicest people I've ever met. I always call her my biggest friend fan, because she is always so supportive. She was like that even before I knew her all that well.

Every Tuesday, we swim together in that little 20-yard pool. Having her there makes it fun instead of a drag. And, even on a day like today, when I couldn't get my 800s down to the time I used to do them in, she brightened my morning. As a bonus, she always brings me a Zone bar too in the flavor I like the best. What a gal!

___________________________________________

Last night, I hosted a tube changing practice for the newbie triathletes in the Cleveland Triathlon Club. Officially, only 1 person (a lady) showed up. There was a guy there when I first arrived, who had just finished a swim in the frigid lake (crazy, I know). I approached him and asked if he was there for the tube changing practice. He wasn't, but he said he was a club member, a newbie and did need to learn how to change a flat.

So, there were only two of them there, but I think they learned a lot in the hour we spent together. Both of them were in their first triathlon season and both were doing a half-Ironman as their first race. I am impressed with their bravery. It took me years to graduate to that level of race. Goes to show you that you are your biggest limiter.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's always cool to share the love with blogger friends. I know that some of you folks that I've never net in person can lift my spirits in ways that I hadn't imagined possible. Keep up the training!

9:46 AM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Glad you have someone as supportive as Sam to help keep your swims fun!!!

I am sure they appreciated the tube changeing practice. The session probably could have provided me some additional practice that would not hurt, but my darn schedule was just too busy already.

11:42 AM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Half IM as their first race! Wow. Brave souls! That is great that you got to help them out.

Hey, when should I do the newbies open water swim? Shoot me an email sometime and let me know what you think!

Good training friends rock. Sam J is super sweet!

5:40 PM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

What a huge step(1/2IM)
They are lucky to have you to luck toward for guidance.
Keep up the good work. If 1 of those people have a flat on race day they will be very grateful for your session.

10:17 PM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

When I did my TNT tube changing workshop I only had a few show up too. There's two more people that know what to do in case if emergency now! Its great that you took time out to help!

12:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home