Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Beach running

On Thursday, I tried my first beach run ever. I had always thought that the loose sand would be too hard to run in, but it was worth a shot - it couldn't be much worse than running in snow. Plus, if you ran near the water, it was harder there.

I managed around a 10-minute pace heading out into the wind and then sailed back sub-10 with the wind at my back. 5 miles in total - it felt good. My abs were rocked!

Today, the wind had switched directions, but I didn't realize it at first. I truly thought that I was able to hold 9-minute pace on sand, but then I felt the breeze. You know it can't be good when you feel the breeze on your back. So, I ran 3.5 miles out and then 3.25 miles back into the fierce headwind in the same amount of time. But, you know what? It was 70 degrees, the sun was shining and I was running alongside the ocean - who can complain about that?!

Please don't make me go home.

10 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

It's warming up here girl and we want you back!

6:07 PM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Sounds like fun, but I second ESpeed! :)

7:08 PM

 
Blogger Deirdre said...

Bring home some sunshine Jen!

8:05 PM

 
Blogger triguyjt said...

dont even think about coming back ..not until you are completely rested.... so if that takes a month..don't worry...we'll call your boss

12:08 AM

 
Blogger Papa Louie said...

We are envious of you enjoying the sun on the beach. Now try running on the beach of Lake Erie and have the same kind of fun.
Jen, my correct blog page is: http://tripapalouie.blogspot.com/

11:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome back anytime! We had breakfast at "McGinty's" this morning. What a beautiful way to start the day. Happy to hear you and Matt got back safely. Give Molly a scratch for us. We'll see you next week.
Jean

11:58 AM

 
Blogger GP said...

For your sake, I hope you somehow get stuck there and are forced to wait until mid-May to return. It's not welcoming in Cleveland right now. No matter how badly weather.com will lie to you!

Please enjoy your time. For you. And for the rest of us. Running in the sand! I'm sobbing.

3:22 PM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Sounds glorious!!!

4:16 PM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

Soak it all in.

9:30 PM

 
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Sounds great! I WANNA GO RUN ON THE BEACH!!! It's snowing here right now.... boo.

10:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home