Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Heading South

Ugh, the biggest snowstorm of the year (and possibly my life) completely ruined my plans this past weekend.

Swim on Saturday? Nope. Matt and I braved the bad roads to go swim at CSU, but found out it was closed when we arrived. I did do a good weights routine at the Progressive Fitness Center instead.

See Wicked Saturday night? Nope. We were braving the roads headed downtown again when we heard that Cleveland had an emergency driving ban. Now, I'm not going to risk death AND a ticket for a Broadway musical. Good news is Playhouse Square is being nice enough to refund our money.

Run Shamrock 15k race on Sunday with pals? Nope. Sam's and Joe's coach (my former coach) said "no way" and Matt agreed, so I rode 1.5 hours on the trainer instead.

The good news is that we didn't crash the car on our foolish outings and I got to spend a lot of time with my hubby. Good times!

Now, we are heading to Florida on Wednesday night for 5 days. I can't wait to get out of this snow globe!! I'm looking forward to running in shorts and renting a bike and actually riding OUTSIDE! Woo hoo!

6 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

Oh NO! Sorry that all went down! Have FUN in sunny FL! I take it you're not going to swim this Sunday...I don't know if I have any busy going since I haven't been to the pool since President's Day. Ugh. If you're not there maybe I'll pass and see you the next time?

Have fun in the sun!

7:14 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a little late, but have a FABULOUS time on your trip South.

11:15 AM

 
Blogger tracie said...

have an awesome trip!!!! enjoy the sunshine for us! :)

12:04 AM

 
Blogger GP said...

Florida for five days? My jealousy is through the roof. I firmly believe, however, that all Northeast Ohioans should get free warm vacations after last weekend. Just bill it to Mother Nature.

Good to hear you rode out the storm and stayed safe. I didn't leave the house for the weekend and just worked out my napping muscles. Just as well: I bounced back from the time change like never before!

3:25 PM

 
Blogger triguyjt said...

have a great trip..lots of runs...sun...rest...food...

5:53 PM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

have a good time.

10:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home