Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Who knew?

So, today for the first time ever, I timed 4 50s doing a stroke other than freestyle and 2 50s doing freestyle. Here is how it went:
backstroke: 1:02, 1:02
breaststroke: :58, :59
free: :59, 1:00

Okay, so I know I'm turtle slow, but lets ignore that. I had no idea that my breaststroke was faster than my freestyle stroke. I guess I'd always figured that free would have to be faster, but apparently not. No worries though - I'm not going to start doing breaststroke during a triathlon. Besides not wanting to wear down my legs prematurely, I hate it when I get kicked by someone doing the breaststroke during a race.

In other news, it seems that the cold and snow have kept the New Year's Resolution crowd down at my gym. I'm not complaining. I'm interested to see if it will be a permanent effect or if they will eventually bully themselves to the gym. Will keep an eye on the situation.

4 Comments:

Blogger triguyjt said...

wow...i figure my breaststroke would be about 10 seconds slower..... you are versatile

12:51 PM

 
Blogger Matt Collister said...

You've always been pretty good at the breast stroke.

5:34 PM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Interesting! Hey perhaps this cold is good for something!

5:53 PM

 
Blogger Kim said...

i cant even breaststroke so i give you credit! great job! and i love that youre so cute in the polar plunge. stay warm!

12:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home