Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Drumroll please...

So, I don't know if anyone is still checking in on me, but I have a good reason for being MIA...I'm pregnant! Finally!

As of today, I am 15 weeks along and am due March 21 (Matt has suggested we name the baby Vernal if he/she is born on that day - I'll have to veto). Everything is going well so far (knock on wood). I am starting to feel a little better. I only threw up twice, but my tummy has definitely not been a happy camper.

I am still working out, but the volume and intensity is way down. I don't know how MN ran a half-marathon at 4 months or how Salty ran the way she did the whole time. I just don't have more then 4 miles of running in me at a time right now. I am sad slow too, but I don't care. And, I take random days off now. I never would have done that pre-pregnancy. I don't even feel bad about it. Maybe I'll come back to training in early summer with a rejuvenated feeling towards it.

I'm not sure how often I'll be posting since my training is kind of boring right now, but did want to let you know what's up. Here is a picture of the kiddo from our last ultrasound around 12-13 weeks.



P.S. I am keeping up on your blogs even if I don't comment very often. Keep up on writing!

7 Comments:

Blogger KimZ said...

I LOVE your first baby picture! As of right now I don't think I'll be having anymore, so it's wonderful to hear about other's pregnancies and babies. :)

1:09 PM

 
Blogger Mnowac said...

wooohoooo such wonderful news, I am so happy for you guys. Please keep posting and telling us about your baby journey! Don't worry about the running, just do what feels good and nothing more, this is the time you really need to listen to your body and not worry about training numbers. I hope you enjoy being preggo, I really liked it up until about 8.5 months, then I just wanted it to be done!

5:13 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Yay! Fantastic!

You will know what's right for you, exercise wise!

5:14 PM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Love the baby pic!

Vernal Collister has a nice ring to it. Maybe if the baby's early you can name it Idesofmarch Collister.

:)

Very excited for you! And yeah, just do what your body tells you to do and stuff. Good for you for keepin' on running whatever you can!

10:14 PM

 
Blogger Jodi said...

That is soooooo amazing!!!!!! I am so excited for you. Woooohoooo!!!!!

:-)

Jodi

11:21 PM

 
Blogger Brian said...

Congratulations! Baby has already assumed a nice aerodynamic position!

4:09 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

hey there! as you already know, I am thrilled for the two of you! you are both absolutely wonderful people ... it makes me so happy to know that some little baby will be blessed with such fabulous parents!! :D

5:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home