Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, May 25, 2009

Racing!

So, my first triathlon is coming up in less than 2 weeks. I think I'm ready for it. Most of my warm-ups are longer than the distances I'll be doing that day. Not to say that it will be easy of course. Sprints are always hard, because you have to go balls to the wall the whole time and I'm not really a balls to the wall kind of gal.

I also signed up for a half-marathon next Sunday. I'm not really prepared for it. I only run about 15-17 miles a week total, which usually consists of a weekday 5-7 miler and a weekend run of 7-9 miles. My hubby signed up for it though and he has only gone 7 miles on his longest run after his feet operation this January. My longest run in the last 6 months is 9.4 miles and that was yesterday. But, I felt pretty good during and after it.

Our plan is to try to run it together and aim for a 10-minute mile pace. No, it won't be anywhere near a PR for either of us, but the plan is to have fun.

I don't know what else I'll be racing this year. It all depends on what happens on our quest to become parents.

In other news, we have decided on our vacation this year. We are going to ITALY in mid-October! We'll fly into Rome, spend a day/night there, take a train to Florence, rent a car to drive to our villa in Tuscany, spend 7 nights there and then back to Rome for one last night before coming home. Can't wait! Neither of us have ever been to Italy. Anyone have any suggestions of things to do/see in the Tuscan region?

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Exciting!!

6:47 PM

 
Blogger Matt Collister said...

I am looking forward to the half too. My longest run this year is 9.4 miles as well, so expect to carry me the last 3.5.

10:09 AM

 
Blogger triguyjt said...

Italy!!! awesome...
Good luck to your guys in the half...I assume its the one in concord...
Bride and I did a cruise that hit 4 stops in italy.. we loved it and think the future we will do a week or so in the country and then spend more time in rome....ahhh errrrr roma

1:58 PM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Hope the half went well! Your vacation sounds AWESOME!!!

2:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home