Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Too Little Sleep in My Bed

Sing the title of the post to the tune "Too much time on my hands". I have the song running through my head right now for some reason. I think I'm a little punchy from lack of sleep.

I know many do just fine on 5.5 hours of sleep, but I don't happen to be one of them. I'm so tired!! I almost killed my cat this morning, because she started howling/whining outside our bedroom door at 4:30 AM. I had to get up at 4:45, so it wasn't a big deal, but it was still annoying.

So, why did I get so little sleep? Well, I had dinner last night at Salmon Dave's with two of my college roommates. I just found the one. She was in the PDQ section of the Plain Dealer and through the power of the Internet, I found her. I haven't seen her since junior year of college (1991). She looks exactly the same. It is amazing how three people who haven't seen each other in years can get along like no time has passed at all. We had a fabulous dinner, then went back to her place to meet her husband/kids (former was nice and latter were very cute), look through some old pictures and catch up some more. I didn't head for home until after 10 PM, so I didn't get to bed until 11. It was worth it though to see them and I hope we don't get years again between visits.

This morning, I got up on time, but couldn't get my butt moving out the door. It was probably because I wasn't picking anyone up or meeting anyone to swim. By the time I got to the pool, all 4 lanes were filled. One lane had a floating lady with noodle and some sort of aqua tennis shoes. It was very bizarre. There was no hope of swimming with her, so I tried to get the attention of the other 3 guys. They saw me, but completely ignored me. C'mon! I'm small and swim with good etiquette. Finally, one guy stopped and told me we could split a lane. Phew! I was about to cry (exhaustion makes me over emotional).

The workout was okay. I gutted through the 3000 yards. I resisted using fins during any of the swim sets, although my brain was begging me to do so. I swam through a few cologne slicks and that made me want to gag (who wears cologne in a pool?!), but I survived.

I'm tired now, but I'm glad I went. Hopefully, I can keep up with Liz tonight on our run and then go home for a nice evening with the hubby.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You should have hollered something like, "I'm coming in to share with one of you! The longer you go without offering an invite, the more elbow heading your way as we pass!".

I understand the tired/stressed increase in tear production. I suffer from the same affliction.

4:28 PM

 
Blogger The Blights said...

Dear Lord Chica! If that were me, I wouldn't have a cat. Period. :) I threw a shoe at tyler the other night for snoring. Need my sleep!

As for getting emotional when tired, I can totally relate. However, I usually start off insanely mad over the smallest thing (like not being able to get my DVD player to work when I'm on my bike). Then, after ranting, raving, a few choice words and some flying objects, I resort to crying. Luckily, this doesn't happen often...or in the company of others!

So glad you were able to hook up with your college buds! Sounds like you had a great time!

9:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I know many do just fine on 5.5 hours of sleep..."

I don't think anyone really does 'fine' on that little sleep. They may survive, but they're not thriving.

When I force myself to get 8hrs, it is so worth anything I may miss by going to bed that early or getting up later. I just feel like a $million all over.

But why do I have to force myself to do it?

12:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home