Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, November 10, 2006

Trying

So, I'm not a fan of seafood, but I understand that fish should be a part of a healthy diet. I like Tuna salad (could be the mayonnaise), but that's about it. I told my husband that I'll give white fish a go once a week, so he's made it for me twice now. He's considerate and adds olive oil, lemon juice and spices to help mask the flavor, but the consistency of the meat still grosses me out. I've heard that it takes 10 times of trying something before you get to like it, so I'll keep trying the white fish. It helps when Matt points out that 8 oz. of fish has about 250 calories, whereas the pumpkin muffin I had yesterday had nearly 500 calories in it. More bang for your buck with the fish!

Speaking of fish, I swam with the CSU crowd this morning. The assigned workout covered 3100 yards and I made 3000 of that. A year ago, heck 6 months ago, I wouldn't have dreamed of going that far in one workout let alone trying to stay on the assigned intervals. I talk to my coach in person on Monday and may ask to swim more often.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about the swimming!

And for fish, have you tried Salmon? I'm not as fond of white fish, but love grilled salmon!

11:51 AM

 
Blogger Jodi said...

I second the salmon advice. Much more like "meat". Here's my favorite recipe:

1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
Juice from 1 lemon
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon ground Cumin

I put about a tablespoon on top of my salmon and bake it at 375 until the core temp is 140F. Then I top with some feta cheese. It is so delicious. I put the remaining dressing on a salad w/ broccoli, cucumber and feta.

Try it! you might like it.

:)

Jodi

12:27 PM

 
Blogger JenC said...

Sorry ladies, but I loathe salmon. It is not what I'd call a mild fish. I don't like feta or cucumbers either. I'm such a weirdo.

1:09 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not a big fish fan either, Jen. I can't even do tuna salad. I'm on the same mission, adding more healthy foods. My big attempt lately, cauliflower. Can't stand it cooked, but I'm determined to add it to my diet in raw form in salads.

3:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home