Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Feeling a little lost

Before I did Ironman Lake Placid, I was worried that I'd be bummed out after it was over. I wasn't. Part of that was due to the fact that I still had 2 races on my calendar and was still working with my coach.

Now, my races are all over and I am no longer officially working with my coach as of this past Sunday. I don't know what I'll be doing next year, so I couldn't justify the expense of a coach unfortunately. I thought I'd be relieved that my schedule was under my jurisdiction again, but instead, I just feel lost.

I've been working with Angela for 2 years now and she is a fabulous coach and friend! She has always believed in my abilities even when I doubted myself. She has talked me down when my injuries threatened to throw my mental game off the ledge. She has pushed me enough (but not too much) to be better than I ever dreamed I could be.

With Angela, I have successfully completed many races, including Ironman Lake Placid (of course), Barb's Race half-Ironman (associated with Vineman race), Race for Recovery half-Ironman, 2 Dances with Dirt races, the Cleveland marathon and countless half-marathons, 10-milers, Olympic distance triathlons, etc. Many of those races resulted in a new personal best. Can you tell that I think she rocks?!

I also have attended 3 of her triathlon camps with the last one actually in Lake Placid. They were tough camps, but my confidence grew exponentially at each of them.

Now, she has other athletes to care for, but I know she still loves me and will miss my anal on-time self. Luckily, she lives in the area, so I can still attend her group sessions occasionally.

Angela, thanks so much for being my coach and good friend! I love you!







4 Comments:

Blogger Frank Castiglione said...

Wow, that's an impressive list of races!

10:55 AM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Nice tribute! You will figure it out!

11:26 AM

 
Blogger Kim said...

aw makes me get a little weepy to think about post-IMLP 2008... i HEART my coach... and he means the world to me...but the expense is just too great to have him forever!

1:00 PM

 
Blogger Papa Louie said...

Maybe it'll be a recovery year? If you're not sure of what to do just remember to enjoy getting out there and ideas and plans will come together.

8:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home