Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Officially 36

With the change in USAT rules, a girl born late in the year has to face the fact that she is turning a year older sooner. I suppose it helps when the actual day does come.

So, now Matt and I are both officially 36. I learned today that he and I were both due on the exact same day (September 18 - my mother-in-law's birthday). He was a week late and I was almost 3 weeks late. I guess I needed to bake a little longer.

I talked to my mom today and she says she still remembers seeing me for the very first time. When I was born, I was whisked away from her, because I was in distress (turned blue for a brief time while my systems were sorting themselves out - I was born face up which didn't help matters). Later, when all was okay, I was presented to her and she still remembers it. Mom, thanks for carrying me, raising me and loving me unconditionally! You rock! It's been a great 36 years so far!

In other news, I'm beginning to get my willpower back, both for eating and working out. I've gained 5 pounds since Ironman and I'd like to stay there. My new fuel belt is a little tight as are some of my pants. Oh well, I'm back on the wagon again.

I've also picked out my next race. After reading DaisyDuc's blog, I checked out the Stomp the Grapes half-marathon and it looks like a cool, little race. My mom lives near there, so Matt and I can hang out with her after we race. Plus, I get to make up the half-marathon that I left out there with my DNF last month.

In other random news, my new haircut has gone over well for the most part. One of my co-workers did tell me that she "hated my haircut", but she has an irrational bias towards long hair and apparently a propensity for being rude, so I won't hold it against her. I like it, Matt likes it and that is good enough for me. My tattoo is also healing nicely and I heart it!

Okay, better get outside to enjoy some of this unseasonably warm and beautiful weather in NE Ohio. Have a great weekend everyone! I leave you with a picture of me as a baby - oh, so many years ago!

9 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Can completely tell it's you, very cute! Stomp the grapes sounds fun!

2:27 PM

 
Blogger GP said...

So, I'm playing blog catch-up today and have the following catch-up things to say: a) How cute of a baby are you? b) Happiest birthday wishes to you! Enjoy your big day: you've had quite the monumental year! You've done more this year than most people do in a lifetime... and you're only 36. Holy cow! c) I've never been a fan of tattoos, but I feel that after finishing the Ironman is one of the best reasons to get/deserve one — so, you go, girl! d) Love, love the hair. F* the naysayers! I've long been thinking about donating my hair. I've had short hair most of my life, so I'm going to enjoy the long stuff for a while, and they I'll join you. You look so sleek and chic! e) See you at the Trot!

3:48 PM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

Happy Birthday Jen and Matt!!! I heart you! I am so glad I started running with you Wednesday nights last year and doing yoga with you. You are such an awesome gal! Hope you enjoyed your joint b-day celebration!

10:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking at your picture I never realized how much you look like your mom. A spitting image!
Regarding your "birth" day, Matt also had a stressful birth. He was so big (9lbs 13 oz) that we did a c-section.
Perhaps you were destined to be together from birth!
Jean

10:28 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Belated B-Day wishes girl. Your hari and tat both look great and you should just accidentally knock that crazy woman's drink in her lap the next time you're forced to deal with her "none-of-her-business" bias.

9:44 AM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Happy belated birthday!!!

I adore your haircut...your co-worker sucks, just my opinion!

Yeah, it will be good to see another friendly face out there at STG!!!

8:47 AM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Happy happy (late) birthday!!!!

What an adorable picture!

I would smack that coworker upside the head. I love the new 'do--totally stylin'! If I had any guts whatsoever I'd try it but I'm too chicken!! :)

Jackson was born "sunny side up" too--maybe that means he'll be one tough cookie like you!

5:30 PM

 
Blogger Matt Collister said...

When I see that picture, I think of that old song, "You must'a been a beautiful bay-beee..."

9:33 AM

 
Blogger Charlie said...

Happy Birthday!

12:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home