Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Running in circles

Yesterday, E-speed e-mailed me and asked if I'd join her for a 5-mile recovery run (her recovery = my tempo). I told her that I didn't have any winter running clothes with me, but I always keep spare clothes for the gym. So, she agreed to run inside with me at the CSU gym.

In prior posts, I'd mentioned my doubts over the distance of the CSU indoor track (they say 1 lap = 1/10 mile). E is pacer and generally knows about what pace we are running, so I thought it would be a great chance to test out my theory. We did our first mile in 8:22 - she thought like me that the track was a little short, but not by much. Our pace was probably more like 8:45 than 8:22, but still quick for me.

We actually did the whole 5 miles (51 laps - 1 more thrown in for adjustment) in 42 minutes. The last 2 miles were faster than the first 3. Rock on!

I really enjoyed catching up with my friend too. Tonight, she has agreed to join me for Yoga - bonus two nights in a row!

5 Comments:

Blogger tracie said...

great job chicky!!!

it is always fun to have company on a run! :)

9:06 AM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

see you tonight! I think the track is probably close, but just not quite as far as it claims. If our 51 equals 5 it means we ran around 8:30 pace which I think is probably possible. Slowest our average was last night would have been 8:45, you definitely pushed the pace the last couple miles!

11:20 AM

 
Blogger tracie said...

SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just tagged you. It's a pain, but I hope you do it anyway!

The rules are as follows:
# Link to the person who tagged you
# Post the rules on your blog.
# Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
# Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
# Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged.

4:23 PM

 
Blogger pjs262m said...

I agree the track at CSU is short. I mentioned it to the GM and he promised to have it measured. I will follow up and let you know the results.

10:38 AM

 
Blogger ramblings of a runnner said...

now there you guys go - ruining my theory that i just run really quickly at the CSU track! ha!

3:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home