Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sore, but lovin' it!

My calves are so sore and tight I can barely walk. Going down stairs is the worst. However, I love it! I always figure that soreness is proof that you left it all out there on the course.

I'm working from home this morning (have client meeting in Erie, PA this afternoon, so why head west before heading east?) If Sam were here instead of Disney World, I would have swum with her at CSU regardless, but she's not here, so I lifted weights at home instead of swimming.

Speaking of Sam, she and her husband did a fabulous job at the Disney half-IM in hot (90+ degrees) and windy conditions. They had similar swim times, then Joe got a 25 minute lead on her on the bike, but then she recaptured 20 of those minutes on the run. They are well on their way to a stellar performance at IMLP.

Matt has been in Arizona the last two days and thankfully, he comes home tonight. I sleep like crap when he's not here. The temperature there yesterday was well over 110. The temperature here is around 59. If we could split the difference, we'd both have nice weather days.

At least, it is supposed to be nice this weekend. I'll probably be riding long with Sam on Saturday or Sunday this weekend. Anyone interested in joining us? I'll know the details after she gets back on Thursday.

2 Comments:

Blogger GP said...

Oh! I had the down-the-stairs ouches too! After my Tuesday recovery run, however, it all wiggled out. I hope you're easing into normalcy too.

I think of post-race soreness as a good thing as well.

And here's to Sam & co!

Once I get my hands on the new bike (and, you know, figure out how to ride it for more than a couple miles), I'll have to join you for some rides!

8:25 PM

 
Blogger ramblings of a runnner said...

i might be in for a ride on sunday - let me know if end up doing one!

10:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home