Image hosted by

Thursday, February 05, 2009

I finally understand

So, my training has taken a beating this past week. I did have a first-rate brick workout on Saturday morning and inspired by Steve, I took this picture after I finished. I love being sweaty! : )

Saturday evening, we set out to go to my company's holiday party. On the way there, I told Matt I wasn't feeling so good. He suggested we turn around, but I hoped it would pass. So, I made my husband, who recently had bunion surgery in both feet, walk (hobble) all the way from the garage through a tunnel and up to the party.

I made it through the cocktail time by sipping on a ginger ale (hate ginger ale). I attempted to sit down for dinner, but by the time Matt had eaten his salad (I couldn't even look at mine), I knew we needed to go. So, I dragged the poor man away from his dinner back down and through the tunnel to the garage. I insisted on driving, because of his feet.

So, I am now praying that I will make it home in time. Did I make it? Yah, not so much. I had to stop on the berm of the highway just before our exit and get violently ill into a plastic bag (thank god I am so damn over prepared) for several minutes. I recovered enough to make it home, but then proceeded to lose it from both ends (TMI I know) off and on for several hours. I haven't been that sick in years! But, it eventually ended and I was able to keep some fluids down.

When I posted my stomach situation onto Facebook, I got a message from one of my co-workers. Turns out she had it too as did another one of our co-workers. We all ate in the same restaurant on Friday at lunch. They got sick even worse than me. Anyway, we think it was food poisoning. Not fun.

Since then, I have only been eating stomach friendly foods (read bland here). Every day, I feel a little better, but still not 100% yet.

I did get back to working out yesterday (short bike ride) and I swam this morning.

In the past, when I would train, I wouldn't have much problem dragging my butt out of bed even when not specifically training for something. Today and yesterday though, it was a major struggle. I think it had more to do with Matt still being in bed, because he can't work out like normal now with the feet, than me recovering from food poisoning. I finally understand that he had a lot to do with my motivation to get up and get going. When your hubby gets up at 4:30 AM in order to go do his morning workout, it doesn't seem so harsh to get up at 5.

Now, I just have to force myself to get back on that routine. I also shall be even more appreciative of all the things Matt does for us after I've been in charge of them for a few weeks. Wish me luck!


Blogger triguyjt said...

good luck mending..jen...and Matt will be running in no time.....

1:46 PM

Blogger Mnowac said...

Glad you are on the mend. My hubby had the same thing last weekend and just like you some of his co-workers were sick as well that he had had lunch with, so they all thought it was food posioning. But I think a bug must be going around, b/c some people at my work were that sick too.

2:06 PM

Blogger Matt Collister said...

He's hobbling on feet held together with metal pins and bandages, she's puking her guts out ... another exciting night on the town with the Collisters!

Glad you're feeling better, baby.

8:13 PM

Blogger Kim said...

aw yikes jen, hope youre feeling better and hanging in there! p.s. your hair looks adorable!!!

4:12 PM

Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

YAY! Sweaty pic!!

And the "from both ends" is NEVER TMI!! We need to know these things!!

I hope you're feeling better!!

4:59 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home