Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Prenatal Yoga

This may sound weird, but while I am okay with still running, swimming, biking (stationary) and lifting weights, I'd been concerned about yoga. I guess I know how to back off on the former activities (just go slower or easier), but there are poses in yoga you just shouldn't do while pregnant.

I've still been going to my regular yoga class (sporadically) though since the beginning of the 2nd trimester. I've just tried to listen to my body. Plus, it is nice to spend time with E-speed.

On Saturday, Bridget and I tried a prenatal yoga class in downtown Willoughby. It was her first yoga class ever and I think she liked it. She's due two days after me and it is so nice to get to share experiences with her. We even have run together a couple times (including that morning) with nice hearty breakfasts afterwards (my kind of girl!) Anyway, I digress.

This class was pretty cool. I never worried about overdoing it and there was Savasana at the beginning and end of class. I left there feeling relaxed and with less aches than when I came in. I hope I can keep going.

I'll leave you with an updated picture of the bump. It was taken today when my friend Sam, her daughter and I went to see Planet 51. Wouldn't recommend the movie.

5 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

glad you enjoyed your first prenatal yoga class!

9:02 PM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Look how cute your bump is! :)

Yoga has been awesome. Totally helps me realign. I feel like I've had a full-body massage when I leave!

I might try next Saturday at noon in Lakewood--I know it's a hike but if you're interested let me know! Or maybe we could do a Saturday run part deux?

8:23 AM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Looking good...glad you and Bridg can share your time together!

3:06 PM

 
Blogger The Salty One said...

Love the bump! I would love to join you guys at the Willoughby Yoga studio one of these days if you don't mind. I can already feel my back starting to get tight and weird. Great!

2:01 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

yoga--esp the prenatal class--will be wonderful for you!

and your bump is just too cute!!

11:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home