Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Reindeer Run 5k and pumpkin pancakes!

It's crazy, but I'm posting another race report! Yesterday morning, I "ran" the Reindeer Run 5k with a bunch of good friends.

The morning was the chilliest I've run in for a long time. It was about 30 degrees at race start. Luckily, I can still find some running clothes that fit. Here is a belly picture for those who love them (sorry if you don't love them) of me in my running tights and XL(!) sports bra.



I picked up e-Speed on the way to the race. She went on to not only win the race, but had a huge 5k PR. That's why we call her speedy! Congrats E!

There were 5 pregnant gals running the race. Sara made us all cute signs to wear on our backs during the race. See pictures below. Salty is about 11 weeks and she still placed well into the top 3rd of the group! EM is about 21 weeks and she finished faster than my PR. Of course, Salty and EM are way fast when they are not pregnant. Bridget (25 weeks), Sara (30 weeks) and I (25 weeks) ran together with Bridget's hubby Steve. I think all of us thought we'd be happy with 45 minutes.

As is typical these days, my shins were just killing me till about mile 2.8. Otherwise, I felt great. I wasn't the only one, because we came in at 38:53, which is about 12:30 pace per mile. Not too shabby! Sara even picked up the pace in the last .1 miles and got a huge preggo PR!

We then went out to the Original House of Pancakes for some yummy pancakes. The other two in our group also had great days - MN almost PR'd and CV won her age group! Oh, and can I tell you that pumpkin pancakes are most delicious?! Sara picks the best breakfast places!

That is the last close 5k for awhile. Bridget and I are talking about doing the Chili Bowl in February. By then, running is probably out, but we'll see!

Me with my cute sign!


Sara and me with our signs


Sara and me from the front


The whole group of runner girls plus 5 baby bumps

8 Comments:

Blogger Trisaratops said...

Yesterday was super fun! See you at yoga Monday!

2:13 PM

 
Blogger Mnowac said...

Looking good! I love belly shots, I took one every week when I was preggers. Good job on getting out there and running.

6:11 PM

 
Blogger E-Speed said...

Great job yesterday! And super thanks for the ride!

I think you look great with the preggo belly!

8:47 PM

 
Blogger Janet Edwards said...

Sorry to have missed all of you! You 5 and your bumps are AWESOME!

9:45 AM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Jen, you look fabulous!! Prego really looks good on you :)

11:30 AM

 
Blogger Kim said...

woohooo congrats! you are too cute. congrats on a great race and yummy pancakes! (ps my birthday is 3/18 - maybe baby and i can share the same birthday!)

2:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sale uggs
uggs on sale
ugg outlet
uggs outlet

sale ugg
ugg australia
discount ugg
ugg boots
ugg outlet
ugg boots on sale

basketball shoes
nike basketball shoes
nba jerseys
replica watches


Jason Frederick Kidd
Steve Nash
Kobe Bryant

UGG Classic Tall Boots
UGG Tall Metallic Boots
UGG Ultra Tall boots
UGG Bailey Button Boots
UGG Classic Cardy Boots
Ugg Infant Erin Boots
UGG Nightfall Boots
UGG Tasmina Braid Sandals
Ugg Bailey Button Boots
UGG Classic Mini Boots
UGG Fluff Flip Flop
UGG Tasmina Sandals
Ugg Short Metallic Boots
UGG Ultra Tall boots
UGG Tall Metallic Boots
Ugg Sundance II Boots
Ugg Classic Tall Boots
Ugg Classic Short Boots
UGG Amelie Suede Sandals

2:52 AM

 
Anonymous Shannon (The Daily Balance) said...

just found your blog and wanted to say hi!

look forward to reading more ;)

3:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home