Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Surprisingly good workouts

I'd heard that the third trimester brought back the tiredness, but it really hasn't happened yet. I know, I'm early in the third trimester still, but I really feel good right now.

In fact, I had two great workouts this weekend. Yesterday, I met Sara for a swim. I've found the secret to keeping up with her (she's a lifelong swimmer) is 1) having her be 5 weeks further along than me and 2) using swimming aids like flippers or paddles. It worked for us and we polished off 1200 yards before polishing off a yummy breakfast at FirstWatch. She is my inspiration and helps set the bar for what I can still do at this point. I mean, if she can do flip turns at 36 weeks, why can't I?!

Then, today I met Bridget, who is also 31 weeks along, for a run/walk at N. Chagrin. The bridle trails were slick and the all purpose path had patches of black ice, so we opted for the road which was dry as a bone. We were able to run with just a couple walk breaks for 3 miles. I thought my running days were over, but I'm glad she talked me into trying it again after 3 weeks. I felt great the whole time! Then, of course, we had a yummy breakfast at Yours Truly!

I'm truly grateful for these ladies for keeping me active and providing fabulous company these last few months! You know we'll be meeting up after we've given birth and have been cleared for exercise! A jogging stroller is a definite purchase for me if I don't get it as a shower gift.

I'll leave you with a picture from this morning prior to the run:

2 Comments:

Blogger triguyjt said...

You look Great!!!

11:10 PM

 
Blogger Trisaratops said...

I've had so much fun being your training partner these last few months! Can't wait to meet the little guy. Thanks for coming out to my side of town just to do a swim--it really means a lot to me! I've been looking forward to our Saturday workouts all week long. :)

4:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home